Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander- Power Sliding Doors

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2007, 4:58 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors PROBLEMS!!!!

ok so basically now your at the point they are buying it back, BUT charging you milage....ok this one,

YES, by rights they can charge you milage, basically they say, you used the van for this period, you put the milage on, EVEN THO, the door had problems, you did get use of the van..so they will charge you something, depending on how far you want to take it, they maylet it slide....and ya once you get legal people involved then your life will get more complicated, cause now your threatening lawsuit and the dealer will not talk to you only GM lawyers will....mostly cause now anything they say to you will end up in the legal end of things and thats not stuff the dealer will wnat to deal with, they did not build it GM did, so basically your beef is with them not the dealer per say, the dealer is the middle man....to bad it got to this.

IF THEY are buying it back you should be able to get whatever you want...sounds to me like the DEALER is taking it on trade and trying to be fair about it....Im not in the US so your guyses laws there are different, like the lemon law, never heard of it till I got on here....

Is the store your dealing with4 line store, as in do they sell GM, pontiac, Chev, and buick, if so the Acadia should be available to you, if not it may be an issue, here I cannot cross line on some models, our sister store sells, pontiac and buick and GMC, we sell chevrolet and Cadillac, Hummer, we are not allowed to cross sell, Acadias, solstice, and they cannot Hummer and Caddys..........however we own the other store so we can make it happen, if they dont, they may not be able to....check with GM directly on that one....not the store, they will say this to keep the sale.
Old December 9th, 2007, 11:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors PROBLEMS!!!!

Well we are in the process of getting an acadia, have a different dealer willing to do the deal, he feels making the customer happy is better than the buck at first, make the customer happy and the $$ will follow. Gotta be honest, I like that this guy is honest, now if I can get GM to move this way hopefully this can be over by Christmas, just looking at the $$ I have to fork out!!
Old February 9th, 2008, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors

I have an Uplander also that is an 05 and it also has been in the shop numerous times about the doors. I even called another dealership and the stupid service guy told me that it would not hurt to turn thr button off to make it a manual door, well IT DOES. 3 weeks later the door was so far out of adjustment it would ding even when the key was out and the engine off. I had to have the fuse removed and made a complaint at the orginal dealership that sold me the van and was also doing the work on the door and the guy put the fuse back in and it readjusted and now the only way that I can use the door is by the button or the remote and if you use the handle it will mess up. I have had the van in to many times to count and want the problem fixed. Oh yeah, now my ABS light is on. It is telling me to service the abs system and when I took it it the stupid thing would not communicate to the computer. I really hate this Van and will not ever buy another. Can anyone helpme with this matter?

Old March 23rd, 2008, 9:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors

I have a 2005 Venture and am having problem with automatic sliding door. Closed then open ... Has anyone figured out how to resolve this issue? Thanks!
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Going Crazy... Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding.

HELP!

Please tell me how to disable the passenger side sliding door sensor!

-Would love to give the engineer a wedgie that decided to patch the ding, ding, ding, into the radio system! Just give me a buzzer to hunt down and unplug. I was thinking it could have been worse though, they could've tapped into the tranny. At least I can still drive with the:

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding,Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding,Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding.
Old October 26th, 2009, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down uplander power sliding door

Our door wouldn't close. Then it came off the hinge. We had to have it fixed. Not under warranty. Only 2 years old. The tech said that one of the rollers came off??? These doors should be able to last longer than 2 years!!!!! Wonder about the Honda Odyssey???
Old November 12th, 2009, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Has anyone determined what the cause of the door issue and found a permmanent fix?
Old February 2nd, 2010, 6:58 AM
CF Beginner

Sliding garage doors use an "easy to operate" mechanism with the full weight of the door bearing on tracks fitted to the garage floor. This article summarises how they work and lists the advantages that they have over the other types of garage doors.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

there is a reprogram for the doors closing then opening issue that should take care of the issue
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default uplander power door

A friend directed me to this site. Just got my Uplander back last night after being at the dealership for almost a month. Too soon to tell if the dinging will return. I am crossing my fingers. Feel better just knowing I am not the only one with this problem. After all what does misery love? Would love to print off all these posts describing my exact problem and show them to the mechanics who basically acted like I was crazy. I especially like how the dinging goes from a high pitch to a low pitch if you apply the brake. As if it is not annoying either way. So far I am out a lot of time and the cost of a new battery. We had to take a new one down in order to get them to cover the repairs on the door since they said it would no longer hold a good enough charge to operate the door. I am sure that had nothing to do with the several times I had to park on the street because the dinging could not be stopped until the battery was dead. Like everyone else, I took mu Uplander in 3 to 4 times before this and the problem could not be "duplicated". Let's hope it really is repaired.

Quick Reply: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors