Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander Rear Door Won't Open

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2014, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uplander Rear Door Won't Open

I have a 2006 Uplander and the rear door is stuck. I can hear the actuator attempting to unlock the door, but the door remains locked. How can I gain access to the mechanism when the door is locked?
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thehip100
I have a 2006 Uplander and the rear door is stuck. I can hear the actuator attempting to unlock the door, but the door remains locked. How can I gain access to the mechanism when the door is locked?
this is usually a problem of rust. if you climb into the back of the can you will need a t -30 tork screwdriver or bit to remove the pull handle at the allmost bottom of the door. (screws on each side) this will allow you to pull on the panel and flex it in the center to gain some limited access to the lower latch, there is a cable connected to the latch if you use a flat head screw driver you can force the metal arm over and pop the door open . then remove the rest of the body trim panel and remove the latch and you can scrape the rust off and oil it for normal operation . this is easy as removing the three bottom torx bits in the door and disconnecting the two connectors and the cable itself and generously lubricate it with penetrating oil or grease and move the arm back and forth until it is free moving . then reinstall and test to make sure you have smooth operation.