Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander "Reduced Engine Power"

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> JanT,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Uplander vehicle. Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer inspection.

If you would like, please PM me your VIN, and I can check for any recall or possible known issue relating to this concern.

Louis
GM Customer Service
The following users liked this post:
Motherofgs (February 9th, 2022)
Old March 19th, 2013, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Engine Power

Thanks for the video, PapaBear. I sent it to the dealer but they won't do anything until they 'duplicate the problem'. I told them that it could be weeks before they see it again but I don't want it back until it's fixed. Meanwhile, I am stuck without a car. I may have to rent one until this is resolved. As soon as I get home, the Uplander is gone. I'll buy another car from another manufacturer. This experience has been very revealing.
Old July 12th, 2014, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

I drive a 2005 chevrolet uplander. Recently the SERVICE ABS SYSTEM light came up on the dashboard. What step(s) do i take to correct this?
Secondly, i spray wash the engine recently and the sign LOW OIL PRESSURE came up on the dashboard but clear off after 2 days. What could have caused it? I need help urgently.
Old July 12th, 2014, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jidozu
I drive a 2005 chevrolet uplander. Recently the SERVICE ABS SYSTEM light came up on the dashboard. What step(s) do i take to correct this?
Secondly, i spray wash the engine recently and the sign LOW OIL PRESSURE came up on the dashboard but clear off after 2 days. What could have caused it? I need help urgently.
Old July 18th, 2014, 9:55 PM
CF Active Member

SERVICE ABS SYSTEM: There is likely something wrong with either the speed sensors in your front wheel bearing(s) or you have a wiring harness going to the front wheel speed sensors that has a problem. If you get the DTC read it will tell you which one.

REDUCED OIL PRESSURE: Guessing that you got some water where you didn't want to get it when you washed the engine...perhaps all over the oil pressure switch causing it to temporarily malfunction.
Old October 5th, 2021, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by BalesGM
Have an engine light on and display is saying "REDUCED ENGINE POWER". Anyone know if it safe to drive to a mechanic?
this is happening to my 2007 chvy uplander
Old February 9th, 2022, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 uplander

Hey all!

We just purchased a 2009 uplander as our family vehicle. While driving today the "reduced engine power" alert came up along with the engine light. After removing the key and waiting a bit I was able to continue driving, however it did happen again on my way home.

We just got a new key cut. Could this be related?

Old April 9th, 2023, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default Control position sensor

Originally Posted by my_zachery66@yahoo.com
I have a 2006 Chevy Uplander, 3.5, 6 cylinder, I changed the fuel pump on my vehicle because it wouldn't start (hard to start) and it still wouldn't start, but we found out that the BMC that sits in the floor behind the drivers seat electrical connectors were corroded and some of the connectors were broken off, so we cut the connectors off and joined all the wires to the same colors with some electrical tape, and it crunk right up, but now the gas pedal is not working, and i get a message that says reduced engine power, and a check engine light, can someone please help me with this!!!
_----------------------------------
I had to change my PCS on the throttle body, $95. I warning light went out , REP. Then she cranked for a little while. After that I would turn the key and get a clicking sound. Now I have nothing, no click, no lights, no nothing. Put battery charger on it, chargee says battery is good. Checked all fuses, and bought 2 sensor fuses fr the owner train and ignition main. Stillo lights no anything

​​