Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander thoughts

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2015, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the forum. Thought I would throw in my Uplander thoughts.....I have a 2005 Uplander, bought it in 2008, was just off a 3 yr lease by a salesman with 90,000 km.....It has been a good vehicle for 7 yrs, has 216,000 km on it now. Have had the usual wheel bearing issues, replaced all 4......the one sliding door doesnt open without setting off an alarm anymore, the auto air adjust shocks compressor conked out, cruise control isnt working right now, thats why I joined the forum (will start another thread on that).....For the money I paid for it, I am pretty happy.....
Old March 24th, 2015, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum too. I just bought my 05 Uplander about 3 weeks ago. I was driving a nice Dodge Avenger until some woman decided to total it for me. Anyway, my Uplander is in pretty good shape. It has leather all around, heated seats, DVD player in the rear, and 4 Hankook tires with good tread left. I did put some money into it right away, as it badly needed new struts and sway bar links. In all I paid only $3250 for it, and I used the cash from my totaled car, so I don't have a car payment anymore, yay! It has 197k miles on it, but it seems to be in good shape mechanically. This is the first minivan I've ever owned, and although I never really wanted one, I'm really liking it. I like how roomy it is, and how many features it has. Loving the fold down seats, power vented rear windows, heated front seats, DVD player, and power rear doors. The only things that could use some TLC are the burnt out dash lights (only some of them) and the broken 3rd brake light. From what I've found, those 3rd brake lights are expensive because they are an LED strip.