'01 Chevrolet Venture Hesitates During Acceleration - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

'01 Chevrolet Venture Hesitates During Acceleration

Old  July 26th, 2012, 6:45 PM
  • CF Beginner
'01 Chevrolet Venture Hesitates During Acceleration

Here's what I mean:

As I'm accelerating in my 2001 Chevrolet Venture, I've been noticing that there are these quick, repetitive, yet inconsistent points of hesitation or jerking, as if the vehicle were missing a beat here and there. I've noticed that when I'm heading up a hill, that hesitation shows up and it also happens when the vehicle is sitting idle.

I don't have the means to take it to a mechanic, right away, and if it's something that I can diagnose and fix in my garage, that would be preferable at this point.

Any thoughts?

Old  July 27th, 2012, 10:25 AM
  • CF Junior Member
Could be fuel filter - when's the last time you changed it? Also might be the ignition module. Too many variables @ this point. Got any codes? Get them checked @ any auto parts place to see if they give you a clue.

Old  July 27th, 2012, 1:27 PM
  • CF Junior Member
    Vancouver, BC
I had a similar problem recently and it was a vacuum hose that goes to back valve cover.

I didn't have any problems when idling however, only under load.

Old  July 30th, 2012, 2:53 AM
  • CF Beginner
@BlaneR: We just recently got the van, so I'm not sure when the fuel filter was last changed. I'll definitely take it over to a friend of mine and see if we can get some codes or something. Thanks for the suggestion.

@Tegnus: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see about getting the vacuum hose checked out, as well.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors