Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

01 venture will not start

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2011, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say #11 do you mean the fuse box under the hood? and have you tried peeling off the plastic cover to see if the contacts are dirty or its just not pulling in?
I had to do that with my fan contacts to see if they even worked. When i got my engine back from the mechanic he said they werent working and said they had to be replaced! LOL, so i pushed the contact in myself, did a litle google search and found that it works off the temp switch mounted on the thermostat housing. come to find out, one of the pins inside the molex plug was pulled too far back.... all i had to do was take the rubber out and push the pin forward again.....voalla, fixed.

I have been having trouble lately yet again tho.... cylinder #1 misfiring! changed the spark plug (with factory gap settings 0.60) and changed wires seemed to fix it.. we will see, changing the oil today and the wife is taking it on an 8 hr trip. New engine.......list of small problems.... my fingers are crossed.

Also if you pm me ur e-mail i can scan you the schematic from the book.. if you need it.