Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

02 venture possible passkey3 issue

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2015, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so sorry about the delayed response. Friend sent a tow truck out Tuesday morning. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealership as to what the issue is. When I get the info I will post so in case someone else has a problem like this they will have some idea.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Ok so I didn't get all the info on the repair from the dealership. My buddy called and told me it was something to do with either the transmission wire harness or transmission module. All the costs totaled out to somewhere around $200 for tow, diagnosis and repair. Van is back on the road and running like good.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 9:29 PM
CF Active Member

So it sounds like it may not have even needed the neutral safety switch to begin with. At least that part makes sense, it doesn't crank because it doesn't know it is in either Park or Neutral. Not sure I understand how it caused the other problems though.

Anyway, glad to hear it has been taken care of...and at a good price.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 10:39 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah all is well now...kinda. He called me today and told me some of the lights aren't working in his gauge cluster now lol. At least that's an easy fix.