Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2000 Venture - low coolant light

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2006, 1:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Venture - low coolant light

I have a 2000 Venture with approx 70,000 miles on it. It recently started to leak antifreeze, which I added some stop leak to correct the problem. Now, the low coolant light is constantly on, but the coolant level is okay (in both the radiator and reservoir bottle). Any idea's why this is happening and is there a way to reset this light?

Also, I have been reading a lot about intake manifold problems with the Venture, could this be part of that? What are the consequences of not having the intake manifold repaired (if needed). The Venture is out of warranty and I'm sure the repairs would cost quite a bit.

Thanks
Old February 22nd, 2006, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2000 Venture - low coolant light

Yes, I had the same issues with my '99 Venture. I had my Mecanhic replace the intak gasket. So far the light is off and I have not smelled Anti-Frezze. I have other issue now though
Old May 4th, 2006, 12:34 AM
CF Beginner

We had a 1990 Corsica which gave us the same issue after putting stop leak into the radiator. What we eventually found out, is that the stop leak can gum up the leads on the rad fluid level sensor, making it give a false low reading. The cure involved a complete flush of the coolant system, but, once it's clean, the problem should go away... Best of luck!
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:27 AM
CF Senior Member

go to your dealer and ask them to cheak your vin # there is a recall on those vans for a bad intake gasket. if your van is one of them the dealer will replace it. i think free of all costs. all iv heard of them doing is leaking onto the motor but if its going to get fixed for free i would take it in to get cheaked. hope this helps.
Old November 11th, 2010, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default low coolant light

My 2002 Impala is not loosing coolant and the light is on. My fix was to unplug it. I put duct tape on the connector to protect it and the light is off. I don't need a light but will this set codes or confuse the BCM? I am on my second low coolant sensor and this one did not last long at all. I do not run dexcool which I believe is devil juice. Nasty sticky stuff is still on my resevior bottle. If I am doing no harm I am happy without that darn light. Any one know if this will cause a problem?