Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2002 Chevy venture, slight over heating at highway speeds after major work for overhe

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2016, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Russel Finehout
The fans not kicking on high seems like a very good possibility to the issue. I'll research and see when they are supposed to kick on high or see if I can get them jumpered to turn on high to make sure they are working.

I be testing it in the next couple days and get back to you with what I find
The fans kick on low at 212°f they kick on high at 234°f.
Ran the van today the ECT averaged 226° The highest was 233° and lowest was 222° at the speeds I'm concerned about. City speeds it averaged 220°. so I could not get the ecm to kick on the high speed fans. I believe this is all well within operating range for the vehicle. I think the cluster may either be very sensitive or may be failing. The gas gauge has been acting up as well.
Old June 29th, 2016, 9:37 AM
cj1
CF Junior Member

Seems within range to me also.
Old June 29th, 2016, 6:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default What are your normal temperature guage readings?

You said you live in Arizona, isn't it over 100 degrees everyday now? That ambient heat is going to challenge your cooling system, throw in the Air Conditioning on high and it is brutal. Where do you expect the temperature gauge to read highway/city? It may be normal for the conditions. Good luck.