Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2002 chevy venture turn signal problems

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2013, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2002 chevy venture turn signal problems

I have a 2002 Chevy Venture. The front driver side signal does not blink but it is illuminated, the passenger side turn signal does not come on at all. I have replaced the bulbs and bulb sockets, and I replaced the turn signal flasher (turn signal relay/flasher). I inspected the fuses on the passenger side panel, and have inspected the fuses under the hood. The fuses are ok. No burned out fuses. Can someone tell me whatI should do next?

<o> Additional Details:</o>

I replaced the bulb sockets because they were damaged. I noticed soot on them. They looked like they were damaged from the heat of the bulb. I replaced the turn signal flasher (turn signal relay/flasher) and I no longer have the clicking sound when applying the signal for a turn. The side signal flashers work without problem.

Last edited by fish_oil; April 12th, 2013 at 2:26 PM. Reason: Run on sentences.
Old July 24th, 2019, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default FIXED! Right blinker not working after bulb replacement.

2002 Chevy Venture. Right blinker not working after replacing bulb. Relay clicks fast as though there is a bulb out.
I found that the right-side amber daytime running light/turn signal bulb overheated and melted the sidelight assembly.

I replaced the sidelight assembly and all of the right-side bulbs front and back (as instructed from another post). Still, I could not get the right blinker to work.
After a suggestion elsewhere, I turned on my right blinker and then located the turn signal relay under the dash next to the steering column. I could easily feel it clicking. It looked like it was difficult to remove. Instead of removing it, I gave it a knock with my knuckle and it started working normally. All lights, signals, etc are good. If it fails again, I'll replace the relay.
Old June 12th, 2020, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

That’s amazing info. I’m dealing with this on a 2003 Venture. I thought it might be a power issue but I’ll check that out.