Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > Venture
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed CarsVendors TSB & Recalls
Search
Welcome to Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 03:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2002 van spark plug wire change

I need to change the plugs and wires on my 2002 van. Are there any tricks to getting at the back plugs? Do you go up from underneath?

Thanks,
Todd
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
CF Junior Member

I've got a manual that had me unbolt the front motor torque mounts then use a come-a-long to pull the motor forward (disconnect and unbolt the coil pack first). This was a major pain. Took me a total of 7.5 hours to replace plugs and wires. Not sure it wouldn't have been faster to do it from below if you've got something to get it up on like ramps.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Default new plugs

On another note, if you haven't gotten plugs yet, I highly recommend the pulstar plugs. They, so far, seem to kick major butt. They're expensive, but appear to give the beast a lot more power and low end torque.

btw, I get nothing for promoting these plugs - I'm just a user that just replaced mine @ 138K. Made a huge difference.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:31 PM

Tags
2002, change, changing, chevrolet, chevy, minivan, plug, plugs, replace, replacement, spark, tools, van, venture, wires