Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2004 Chevy Venture Passenger Window Goes Down but NOT up

Old August 14th, 2014, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gogomez:

While I certainly agree with Sergei, the first troubleshooting that I would do is disconnect the passenger side switch and then attempt to operate the passenger window (up & down) from the driver's side switch. If it functions, then it's a bad passenger side switch.

Then do the opposite; disconnect the driver's switch and try the passenger side window with the passenger switch. Just because you purchased a new switch doesn't mean that it's operating properly.

Did the passenger side problems change at all after you installed the new driver's switch?

Troubleshooting switches is easy compared to searching for a wiring problem!
Old August 15th, 2014, 11:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Hello!
I had the same problem with the switch. I dismantled the switch, breaker contacts straightened his (see photo). The switch works for me for 5 years already
Old August 16th, 2014, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

I appreciate the responses, however Im still not working.

The new driver switch operates the same as the old driver switch, only operates the driver side, nada for the passenger side.

As suggested, I pulled the passenger side switch. Nothing happened when I tried to operate from the driver side. I tried using both the old and new driver side switch but neither would move the passenger window.

Next, I pulled the driver side switch and reinstalled the passenger switch. When I try to raise the window, I dont hear anything.

( Disclaimer: I did not try to lower the passenger side window from the passenger side switch, because that has worked the past few days already. And it is a total pain to remove the door panel, use jumper cables, battery and wires to raise the window back up.)

I figured that since the driver side window motor can be heard when it is already all the way up and attempted to be raised more, the same should hold true on the passenger side. But no up motor sound can be heard on the passenger side when the window is already raised and attempted to be raised from the passenger side switch with the driver side switch installed or uninstalled.

Is it possible that the passenger switch is faulty, and that there has to be a passenger side switch installed for the circuit to be complete? Meaning without a passenger switch installed, the driver side switch will never work regardless?

Id really like to think its not faulty wiring. The vehicle is in extremely well condition for its age, mechanically flawless, except for this now errant window.

Any further ideas, suggestions, before I have to take it somewhere for the wiring to be examined?
Old August 17th, 2014, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Is it possible that it's the passenger side switch? Sure.

The switches are not expensive. Get a new one and try it. After that, your into the wiring.
Old August 18th, 2014, 1:13 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi !
Before purchasing power window switch on the passenger side, perform the test. 1 - Remove the cover with the switch on the passenger side
2 - Disconnect the switch connector 8 pin

3 - connect the device or a test light to the connector as shown in the picture. One wire grounding. The second wire to the F connector. Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine

if the voltage is shown, then turn off the ignition and proceed to the next step
4 - Set on the connector jumper between terminals A-F and D-E
- Switch on the ignition - the glass should go up
- Switch off the ignition

5 - set on the connector strap between the A-H and F-E
- Switch on the ignition - the glass should go downstairs
- Switch off the ignition

If it works - replace switch
If this does not work - look for a broken wire in the wiring

Yours - Sergey, Moscow

Last edited by sergeimoskva; August 18th, 2014 at 1:20 AM.
Old August 31st, 2014, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Sergei and Tony,

Thank you both for your help, the window now works again! The passenger switch turned out to be faulty. Trying to operate without a passenger switch installed changed nothing, but when a new passenger switch was put in, window works again coming from either side switch.

Good as new, and i have fresh air once again. Thanks again.
Old September 1st, 2014, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

Excellent! We Venture folks need to stick together.
Old September 1st, 2014, 9:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Hello!
I am glad that all community amateur Ventura, you to have helped
Good luck to you!
Old September 6th, 2014, 12:33 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

@ segeimoskva: will you be kind to explain how did you remove the ***** from top of the switch?...
thank you!
g
Old September 8th, 2014, 12:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi !
I hope this will help you.
Power Window Switch fix, 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette, Venture, Grand Prix.. - YouTube