Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

4t65-e no movement in any gear

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2014, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4t65-e no movement in any gear

hey guys had a issue with some shift solenoids being stuck closed that i bought a new pressure control,tcc solenoid,1-2 shift solenoid,2-3 shift solenoid and gaskets filter etc.

havent had time to put them in yet and now van is no movement in any gear.
i can see the input rpms in at 1100 or so, out put on the trans is 0 snap on solus wasnt sure if this was for the actual rpm speed or the mph , commanded gear is 1st gear at all times when shifting through rev,neu,d,3,2,1 DOES LIST WHAT I HAVE THE Selector POSITION IN . is this what i should be seeing normal on the scan tool, no perameters that i can find

just wondering if i have a total PCS failure causing no movement

codes were delayed shift, p1181, and p751 1-2 solenoid stuck closed , at first i believe which is why i was going to split the case and replace them,
Old December 2nd, 2014, 11:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it shifting at all? Has your shift cable frayed and split into 2? Should feel like no resistance!

You could verify the @ the connector on the trans, and move it there also to park.

Not sure though, how you could get a start in 1st gear though while in park.. So this might not be your issue.

(I had a tranny cable split after 70k on a j-body)...
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Is it shifting at all? Has your shift cable frayed and split into 2? Should feel like no resistance!

You could verify the @ the connector on the trans, and move it there also to park.

Not sure though, how you could get a start in 1st gear though while in park.. So this might not be your issue.

(I had a tranny cable split after 70k on a j-body)...
starts in park in neutral like normal, just no shifts even manually shifting through gears. cable is in good condition still shifts out of park and back in park and moves the trans manually

just according to the scan tool is always engaging 1-2 solenoid- and 2-3 solenoid and commands first even though the car is in reverse or neutral etc.
scan tool can command any gear so i commanded 2-3-4 and it failed to change or move, absolutly no torque applied. if this were my van i would dig into it and replace the pcs but dont want to waste money