Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

ABS sensor and transmissions

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2009, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS sensor and transmissions

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I was hoping someone who has knowledge of a '03 Venture could help me. I recently bought this vehicle 4 days ago, that nite the abs sensor light came on. I brought it back to the dealership the next day and they told me it was a bad sensor and they would replace it Monday. Now here is my question could a bad sensor mess up the transmission? Reason why I ask is, I have a '99 Durango and when the sensor went on that it messed up the speedometer and the regular brakes and transmission, the transmission is now dead ( reason why i bout van). Now the transmission has been acting up since 2 nites ago and fluid is turning black. Also is there any known major issues with this van. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't help with the transmission problem, but we've also experienced numerous ABS warning lights. Each sensor has a quick disconnet near the hub, which allows moisture to seep in during heavy rain and the occasional car wash. Our mechanic wrapped each connector with a rubber "heat shrink" tubing. Problem solved. No more ABS warning lights.

Last edited by Bo Okeefe; July 29th, 2009 at 12:14 PM.