Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

airbag sensor replacement

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2011, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbag sensor replacement

Just had my 02 Venture in at the garage and one of the issues I reported was the ABS light on the dashboard stays on. Sometimes it will go away but then it comes back again.
My mechanic didn't have the part (frontal airbag sensor) plus is was a couple hundred so I said I'd get back to him and now I also wondering if it is a DIY.
Location is under the passenger seat. Can I start by just cleaning connections?
Old July 29th, 2011, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

It really depends on which sensor and if it has direct connection to the main airbag computer. I would verify what part needs replaced and then unhook the battery and leave it for at least 30 minutes before starting any work. My airbag light does the same thing. It's for the passenger seat belt buckle module. Since the wonderful GM cupholders are right next to it, my guess is soda or something got spilled into the connector. If I tap the buckle receiver a few times and then start the van there is no air bag light. It's only job is to tighten the seat belt by a couple inches in the event of an accident. Your module may be the one that commands your airbag to blow. That would not be something you want to mess with yourself and let a professional do it. It's all safety related and up to you.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Since I don't really have the details I would agree best not to play with it.
Thanks for the reply.