Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Can someone identify this?

Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone identify this?

I was wondering if someone could tell what this is?

I put a red circle around it. It's on a 2000 Chevy Venture.
Attached Thumbnails Can someone identify this?-venture-engine-w-circle.jpg  
Old April 22nd, 2016, 1:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Hi !
This is valve . Emission Control System
Valve GM 24508523 (ACDelco 214-1024)
Good luck!
Old April 22nd, 2016, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks. I want to change the spark plugs and this was in my way. I wasn't sure what it was. Thanks!

Do they ever need to be replaced?
Old April 22nd, 2016, 2:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Hi !
This Air Injection Check Valve is a new, aftermarket part. It mounts on the engine and is used to control the flow of vapors from the evaporative system to the intake manifold. It is controlled by the vehicles main computer or ECM. When the ECM sends the activation signal, a plunger in the valve will move to seal the vent. The ability to seal the vent is necessary for the on board diagnosis of other evaporative loss system components. This solenoid valve is used only for diagnosis, and usually remains opened. When the vent is closed, under normal purge conditions, the evaporative loss system is pressurized and allows "EVAP Control System (Small Leak)" diagnosis. If this valve is defective, the Check Engine Light will illuminate to Set with Small Leak Diagnosis. Some of the trouble codes associated with this part being defective are: P1456, P1448, P0449, and P0455. If there are no errors - no need to change.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

Wow, this is amazing and extremely informative. This was exactly what I wanted to know from, what is it, to what does it do. Thank you so much and also explaining the error codes takes a load of my mind. Thanks again!!

Search this Thread