Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Chevrolet venture gauges and dieing problem HELP!

Old August 3rd, 2013, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevrolet venture gauges and dieing problem HELP!

I am new here and I have a 2002 chevrolete venture and while your driving the gauges (speedometer, rpm, fuel tank) everything would just go down than up. And also sometimes when you are driving slow or come to a stop the gauges will go down and the van would just die you have to put it into neutral and restart it and off you go.
This is already pissing me off anyone had this problem before? What should I change??? Or do?

Thanks!
Old August 3rd, 2013, 5:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Check all your battery power wire connections, and grounds, but especially the power wire to the power distribution box under the hood. Look for rust/corrosion, loose connections, burned/melted spots, and a broken stud at the box. Give the box a good once over.
Old August 5th, 2013, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone els have any ideas ?
Old August 7th, 2013, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone els have any ideas
Old October 12th, 2013, 7:06 AM
CF Junior Member

hello,

I had exactly this problem that has taken my head for months!

it was an open feeding PCM (+ battery) due to a bad contact in connector lock "texalarm" near the BCM (passenger footwell)

I bypassed the lock for this thread and also the starter control, allowing after the doors opened to start instantly.
Texalarm the remote always allows remote door opening, the lock with the transponder driving is obviously functional and sufficient.

stalling Texalarm diagram on request.

cordially
Old January 2nd, 2014, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default father in laws van

His gas guage goes up and down up and down and now the temp guage will be at middle and all of a sudden go to cold within seconds...a nd then slowly creep back up. do you think that is the same issue? how exactly can I fix that for him?
Old January 7th, 2014, 3:18 PM
CF Junior Member

hello,
Interestingly, I also have the fuel level indicator which varies from time to time without reason , over the entire range . the cooling temperature does not have this defect. this on the Venture model 2001.

In the case of two faults , this is probably not the detection probes , the common point is the PCM .

according to available documentation of the instrument cluster , the tachometer , temperature gauge and fuel gauge are each directly connected to the PCM by two wires .
The motor temperature is relayed on data from the OBDII . By connecting a scan, we'll see if the PCM sends a stable and good information on this channel. If it is OK, check the stability of the output voltage of the PCM on the two wires for the measure , fuel or temperature engine. low voltage is expected ,
Then check the right continuity of the connection .

If the output of PCM is not OK , is no good for PCM ( or sensors )

In writing this post , I realize that I changed the PCM and replaced all cabling near the steering column. So there must be a bad contact.

I do not know the exit points of the PCM
Point number which function
If anyone has thank you to communicate