Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

CKP x24 power issue/open circut? 04 Venture

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2015, 9:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most scan tools will do the relearn, shoot me a PM as it seems your temperatures outside coincide with mine. LOL we may be close, I would be more that happy to do your relearn (for free) Most regular shops should only charge you from 1/2hr to 1 hr to do it for you. Some may do it for free.
It takes about two minutes to do but some will charge more because it helps cover the cost of the tool, I own a Snap-on and it cost a little over $10,000. This is why shops tend to charge for these services.
Old February 26th, 2015, 10:04 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm in Texas, so when it gets to the freezing mark we shut down lol. I appreciate the offer, but if you live in Canada, it'd be a long drive

I have looked at some scanners, and yeah they are outrageous. I don't mind paying, I just don't want to get stuck with the dealers prices.

Thanks, and I just have to wait till next week it seems.
Old February 27th, 2015, 5:15 AM
CF Junior Member

-14.8 F here and that is without the wind chill, My business partner left for Florida last week but seems a little cold there too. Thread drift carry on. Good to hear you got the van fix, Not having the crank relearn done can also throw random misfire codes generally at higher RPM's so don't be alarmed if you start getting that code now.
Old March 4th, 2015, 5:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Ok thanks! I am having some NO COLD START with no injectors firing unless I use starter fluid, is that normal too? Once it does start, I will restart, but if it sits a while it happens again.

I saw ScannerDan said something about a cut wire to the Cam sensor caused one of his problems, but I checked them, and they send the correct signals, so I'm stuck if thats not normal.

Stay warm!!
Old March 16th, 2015, 12:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Well, after putting everything back together, and it not having ANY problems starting and restarting I took it for a test drive. (it still had P01336, but was running fine, if not a lil rich)

I got about a mile from the house and as I was about to head back home, it DIED at a stop sign!!

I had to push it (luckly another driver stopped and helped) just off to the side street, and tried to get it to start again...

NOTHING!

Even with using starter fluid! It would kick just a tiny bit, then NOTHING afterwards.

We even called a mobile mechanic to take a look, and he couldn't figure it out with his scantool! He said he would check it again once we get it home, so had to tow it..

That was about $150 for a 1 mile testdrive!

AGGGGG!!!!!

I checked the power at the ICM and the OHMs on the rear Crank sensor, and both were working fine, so I have no idea what the heck is goin on!

I'm gonna try a few things tomorrow, and if I cant find it, I'm gonna have to pull the P/S pump and check the harness to the Cam Sensor..

*BANG HEAD ON DESK*
Old March 16th, 2015, 9:11 PM
CF Junior Member

I rechecked the ICM power and 7x wire, and pushed the pins in a lil more and it STARTED FINE!! (well, mostly)

It still has the P01336 code, and I will check the 24x connections tomorrow, tho I did that last month and it was getting power thru that block, so I don't know after that.

We have a guy that can do the CKP reset for $60, but if that's not the problem, then I don't want to throw that money away if I don't have to.
Old March 17th, 2015, 4:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Hello jarvisw,
I read your desaventures for a while.
When the engine dies, he must immediately return to fundamentals.
when if the default is random it is a chance that it appears clearly.

We now know that this is the 7x gives ignition start, even if the PCM is disconnected.
if not start it must immediately check the coils receive the pulses of the ICM (with an LED in series with a resistor to the dashboard to fix the fault immediately)

and whether it is definitely an ignition problem.

it is curious that it starts with liquid and then start auto ignition.

this post for other readers because you've already shown a great proficiency in your posts
Old March 18th, 2015, 6:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah, Air, Spark, fuel, compression.

the P0336 was reset and hasnt shown up since.

We took it on a test drive of about 2 miles yesterday and it never appeared again!

YEA!!!

Going to finish a drive cycle tonight, then hopefully get it inspected tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help folks!! Looks like this one is finally done! *Knockwood*