Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > Venture
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Code po742

When i got my 1999 chevy venture van it was shifting really hard so i put some sea foam in and put it on my computer code i got was po742 so i reset comp to get rid of code and that worked till today i was driving it and the light come on again got same code so i reset again and test drove it and light is off and drives fine could someone tell me what could be wrong with it thanks
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
CF Veteran

Transaxle code P0742 says the TCC release switch circuit was closed (indicating the TCC was applied) while the TCC was commanded off. The problem could be electrical like a short in the circuit or mechanical like a faulty TFP valve position switch, sediment in the valve body, faulty TCC mechanism, etc. Check the fluid level if you can and, if not that, take it in for service.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:48 PM

Tags
02, 1999, 742, chavrolet, chevrolet, chevy, code, computer, gm, po, po742, po742c, seafoam, service, venture