Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Dome & all interior lights out but fuses are good

Old April 26th, 2009, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome & all interior lights out but fuses are good

I have a 2000 chevy venture that I bought new and I am the only owner. Recently, the dome lights and other iterior overhead lights stopped working. The dash lights are OK. I checked every fuse with a meter for continuity and they were all OK.

I checked the manual and it is not clear which fuse it would be, even though it does not appear to be a fuse.

Does anyone know were to look next? Does anyone know the name of the fuse that would control the interior dome light (and other overhead lights)?
Thank you.
Old July 14th, 2009, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

I have this same problem on my 1999 venture, but also this problem comes with another that may b linked to this. Whenever we turn on the headlights the lights in the stereo/clock go out , turn the headlights back off and the lights come back on ... So if any one can help cstolar and myself we will b greatly appreciative.

Thank You
Old July 14th, 2009, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

Check the overhead switch for continuity. Sounds like it has cut out the interior light circuit (that's it's job).
Old July 16th, 2009, 6:55 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply. However i'm not the most literate when it comes to cars. I can't find anything anywhere about an overhead switch. Could u explain to me a bit better on what i need to do or replace ?
Thanks again for the help.
Old August 25th, 2015, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Post chevmastertech

Omg thank You Chevmastertech, I was driving home and noticed my lights were off I was freaking out , Omg what was I going to do , i have no extra money I came in typed in my problem read different post figured it was a fuse .Then I read your post went out to the van pressed a button and all the lights came on .now I remember earlier pushing buttons to open the rear windows Thank u If u were here I would kiss u !

Last edited by Carlotta D Ciresi; August 25th, 2015 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Had the name wrong
Old August 25th, 2015, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevmastertech
Check the overhead switch for continuity. Sounds like it has cut out the interior light circuit (that's it's job).
Omg thank You Chevymastertech, I was driving home and noticed my lights were off I was freaking out , Omg what was I going to do , i have no extra money I came in typed in my problem read different post figured it was a fuse .Then I read your post went out to the van pressed a button and all the lights came on .now I remember earlier pushing buttons to open the rear windows Thank u If u were here I would kiss u !
Old August 27th, 2016, 12:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default D

Originally Posted by joker
I have this same problem on my 1999 venture, but also this problem comes with another that may b linked to this. Whenever we turn on the headlights the lights in the stereo/clock go out , turn the headlights back off and the lights come back on ... So if any one can help cstolar and myself we will b greatly appreciative.
Originally Posted by joker
Thank You
Old September 22nd, 2016, 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

Your dash lights are probably dimmed too much.