Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Has anyone tried European (Sintra) Headlamps?

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2012, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried European (Sintra) Headlamps?

They sell these in the states but the best I can find is about $450 a set (ridiculous) new at a dealer/dealer wholesaler online.

They run H4 bulbs instead of the total crap 9004 bulbs. I've been messing with the oem setup for a bit, doing a relay and better bulb setup and it didn't really do a whole ton. My sister uses this Van extensively and in the winter its pretty much always dark here (north dakota) since we have long nights and overcast days constantly, with sun up at like 8 and down at 5 or 6 or so.

Anyway, just curious. I've had this van for a while and we have done KYB gas a just shocks and rebuilt the suspension, new brakes, Auto start, newer chevy venture seats (03 or so) and a few other things. Once I get good selective yellow foglights and these new headlamps relayed installed, i'm going to try and find a good OEM radio and steering wheel with controls mounted on it.

Any pointers on that, btw? I'd like to find a Gm radio/steering wheel combo with a leather wheel that will fit the spline on this car. I'm going to bet money that GM W body cars like the Grand Prix, bonneville, Century, etc all use the same steering shaft spline, but I'm unsure.

The car is a 1999 montana, btw. Thanks for having me on your forum, its good to be here.
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

Anyway, here is what one looks like.
Scheinwerfer mit Stellmotor Opel Sintra Bj.1997 Rechts | eBay
It physically is a direct bolt in replacement. They are offered over there with electric self leveling motors as well. It uses an H4 bulb, of which about the best one out there is the Osram +50 75/65w bulb. Once bolted in, you will have to make a relay harness to convert 9004 to H4 bulbs. Basically this consists of a wire from your positive terminal on the batter to the relay, to the light, and a signal wire going from your old headlamp socket to the relay, and a ground, as well as a signal wire for high beam and supply for high beam.

Its really not complicated, I've yet to see anyone do it though, but I'm expecting quite good results, as the H4 bulb is one of the best dual filament bulbs around, as shown by its longevity (some 50 years)
Old October 5th, 2012, 5:18 AM
CF Beginner

New member from Finland joining to forum! Hopefully this doesn't come too late

I purchased my Venture (Trans Sport here in Europe) from Germany five years ago and I was surprised how bad the front lights were. I ordered Opel Sintra head lights from german ebay and they cost approx. 190 USD with shipping.

We have national regulations regarding "reference" number. This number is marked head light lens. Original number was 10 and Sintra's number is 25. So this was remarkable improvement for the dark winter time. National regulations allow number 50 as reference number. Headlights are here H4 bulbs so I can't give any electrical help regarding installation but otherwise changing headlights was about 10 minutes job.

I can recommend!
Old October 17th, 2012, 3:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi!
I'm from Moscow. My name is Sergey! I am an Opel Sintra 2.2 (petrol) 1998 model year.
Our car lot in common.Car - Pontiac Montana (Trans Sport), Chevy Venture, Oldsmobile Silhouette , Opel Sintra (for Europe) , Buick GL8 (for China)
For Car Buick produce bixenon lights (Depo bixenon 132-1102).

You can make your own lights bixenon.
Old October 17th, 2012, 9:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Thank you Sergey for sharing this valuable information.

Where did you order these headlights?
Old October 18th, 2012, 2:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi Tegnus !
Ordered from Ebay Taobao ( China) , through EbayToday (Russia).
In America and Europe - no sales. Only in China .
link.......别克GL8å¤©ä½¿çœ¼å¤§ç¯ æ”¹è£…åŒå…‰é€é•œæ°™æ°”HIDå¤§ç¯ æ¶é*”眼 å‰å¤§ç¯æ€»æˆ / Лампа Ñборки / Кузовные запчаÑти и акÑеÑÑуары / Ðвтомобили / Мотоциклы / ÐкÑеÑÑуары / Катал
Old October 19th, 2012, 10:59 AM
CF Junior Member

As I can see they ship to US as well. Only thing that worries me - there is a different connector to the light from what I have. Mine is just plain H9004 connector.

Did you change wiring on your vehicle when installed these or had the same connector originally ? Or does they comes with Ballast or some sort of convertor?
Old October 21st, 2012, 2:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Hi !
I still got no lights. I just ordered. Xenon on my car? (See photo). I manufactured the self.
Socket in my car - other. When I get a parcel - we will investigate.
Old January 31st, 2013, 7:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default Have you done the mod?

Originally Posted by Chance91
Anyway, here is what one looks like.
Scheinwerfer mit Stellmotor Opel Sintra Bj.1997 Rechts | eBay
It physically is a direct bolt in replacement. They are offered over there with electric self leveling motors as well. It uses an H4 bulb, of which about the best one out there is the Osram +50 75/65w bulb. Once bolted in, you will have to make a relay harness to convert 9004 to H4 bulbs. Basically this consists of a wire from your positive terminal on the batter to the relay, to the light, and a signal wire going from your old headlamp socket to the relay, and a ground, as well as a signal wire for high beam and supply for high beam.

Its really not complicated, I've yet to see anyone do it though, but I'm expecting quite good results, as the H4 bulb is one of the best dual filament bulbs around, as shown by its longevity (some 50 years)
Chance91, have you done this mod yet? I have a 99 Venture with terrible headlights and 72 year old eyes and would love to find something to improve them. The USA versions are not well engineered. You can email me at lpetersonjr@gmail.com.
Lynn
Old February 4th, 2013, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

hi

I am from Germany Dusseldorf
The headlights of Sintra are also very poor. Yellow Foglamps (film) I already had. But only for the optics

http://www.sintra-van.de/gallery/alb...5/IMG_5092.JPG

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried European (Sintra) Headlamps?