Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

How to Remove Inner Panel Off a Sliding Door ?

Old August 22nd, 2012, 4:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How to Remove Inner Panel Off a Sliding Door ?

2003 Olds Silhouette/ Chevy Venture

My 03 Olds Silhouette was hit by another vehicle on the driver side rear sliding door. I wanted to know how to remove the inner panel, so i can kick the dent back in place. The door handle has been giving me problems. Any suggestions. i want to remove the entire lower half panel. any tutorials available.

thanks guys
Old August 23rd, 2012, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same Olds. Im replacing the right PSD. I had to rip the internal trim out of the old one and put it on the new one. There are 3 pieces tot eh plastic. The first is up top, has a piece of velco and a few plastic pressure tabs securing it. The next one goes around the top of the window, about 9 tabs; the ones on the side, by the door frame, are metal. Start there, and just peel if off, going clockwise, starting at 9 o clock. The lower trim is the same way, all plastic tabs.

The only problem I had was the internal door handle. It just slides on, but it has a groove on the inside, so the handle can only go on straight up. Be careful when removing the handle as to not damage these grooves.
Old August 24th, 2012, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

thanks for the suggestions. but in detail how do you remove the door handle?. does it come off with the whole panel.

let me know guys.

thanks

Last edited by oldsmob360; August 24th, 2012 at 5:32 PM.
Old August 28th, 2012, 9:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Instructions from repair manual: https://i.imgur.com/benQ4.jpg
Old August 29th, 2012, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by toddBoy
I have the same Olds. Im replacing the right PSD. I had to rip the internal trim out of the old one and put it on the new one. There are 3 pieces tot eh plastic. The first is up top, has a piece of velco and a few plastic pressure tabs securing it. The next one goes around the top of the window, about 9 tabs; the ones on the side, by the door frame, are metal. Start there, and just peel if off, going clockwise, starting at 9 o clock. The lower trim is the same way, all plastic tabs.

The only problem I had was the internal door handle. It just slides on, but it has a groove on the inside, so the handle can only go on straight up. Be careful when removing the handle as to not damage these grooves.

thanks for the suggestions guys, i removed the clip, but the handle is still very stiff. i tried to pull it off. but the handle does not want to come off. any suggestions. in details please, i only need help on the inner door handle.

thanks Tegnus for that illustration.