Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

MP3 stereo?

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP3 stereo?

Hi all. I inherited my wife's 2004 Venture LS with the DVD player package after she got a 2008 Buick Enclave (drool drool). At 170,000 miles it's still going strong, but I'd like to be able to play MP3 CDs and/or play MP3s from USB stick in this van. Does anyone know if there is a particular GM stereo unit I can buy from eBay or a salvage yard that would give me that, **and let me keep the DVD player and display operational**? I'm thinking specifically of the Uplander/Relay/Terazza U-platform cousins as potential donors.
TIA
Brian

Last edited by Smarkle; October 11th, 2012 at 1:33 PM.
Old October 11th, 2012, 12:33 PM
CF Junior Member

This might not be a solution if you are looking for buying something that will play a music from USB stick, but if you are looking for something that will work with your iPhone, iPod or any other MP3 player/phone this will work.

I bough PAC AAI-GM9 GM Auxiliary Audio Input add-on while ago and I am quite satisfied - it has to AUX inputs that you can hook up whatever you want.

As it hooks in between CD player and Radio unit it has 3-way switch that you can use to chose one of the inputs - AUX1, AUX2 or car CD (in my case).

PAC AAI-GM9 GM Auxiliary Audio Input ipod MP3 Aux Input | eBay

Just one of the options.
Old October 11th, 2012, 1:08 PM
CF Beginner

Tegnus, thanks for the input. I don't think I need this particular approach, however, since the DVD player portion of this van's system has an AUX (RCA Audio+Video) input on it. It's arranged kind of oddly, in my opinion: the main stereo unit has the CD player, radio, and the usual buttons and some DVD playback controls, but the DVD player is actually mounted separately at the bottom of the center console, and it has the Stop, Play, and Source buttons as well as the AUX RCA jacks.

By way of comparison, my wife's Enclave has the CD and DVD player integrated into the same main unit. There is a slot for a CD and a slot for a DVD. As an aside, we've found that it works quite well as a two-CD player as well, if you put the second CD into the DVD slot.

Originally Posted by Tegnus
This might not be a solution if you are looking for buying something that will play a music from USB stick, but if you are looking for something that will work with your iPhone, iPod or any other MP3 player/phone this will work.

I bough PAC AAI-GM9 GM Auxiliary Audio Input add-on while ago and I am quite satisfied - it has to AUX inputs that you can hook up whatever you want.

As it hooks in between CD player and Radio unit it has 3-way switch that you can use to chose one of the inputs - AUX1, AUX2 or car CD (in my case).

PAC AAI-GM9 GM Auxiliary Audio Input ipod MP3 Aux Input | eBay

Just one of the options.

Last edited by Smarkle; October 11th, 2012 at 1:22 PM.