Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Power Sliding Door Dead

Old March 10th, 2014, 10:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Sliding Door Dead

2004 Chevy Venture...passenger side power sliding door has been electrically dead for quite some time. I have tinkered with it from time to time with no progress. Read forums, tried resets, and I haven't gotten anywhere. Could it be as simple as the overhead on/off switch failing? I have not yet found a wiring diagram that I could tell which of the four leads on the switch do what for testing purposes. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old March 17th, 2014, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default update

so...after another round of forum searches and tinkering...I tried a couple different reset procedures I found online with no joy. But, I did notice that when I try to open the door with either the overhead switch or the B pillar switch I can hear a clicking in the right rear quarter (where the power door module is?) but not an ounce of activity on the door itself.
Old March 18th, 2014, 5:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Hello;
there there is nothing in the journal Haynes. it must check if the power fuse is OK

If OK , open the panel to access to the motor and its control .
Listening to a relay , but it is perhaps not alone!

The command is related to the position of the gear selector . You have to be on P with my venture !

after you have to see if the motor is powered , it is sometimes apparently failed.

after if it is not supplied , we must find the control circuit : what lack polarity on the engine ( ground or the positive or the two ? ) and up to fault find the polarity control . .

If you have a polarity, try to bring the other polarity on the other side for to get the motor turning a little.

this control may be linked to an end of stroke position of the door . reparte although in the opposite direction during the race , if requested .

the command of the door uses an iron cable and it is broken perhaps ?

good luck