Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Question on 04 Venture front wiper seizing

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Question on 04 Venture front wiper seizing

Ok so my front wipers stopped working. Thought it was the motor, before I got another one I wanted to verify that was the problem. Well it seems it is not the motor because I unhooked the arm(s) from the motor and then turned on the wipers and the motor works fine. The thing (not sure what its called) that is on top of the motor that makes the arms move works fine when disconnected. The arm on the drivers side moves freely by hand but the passenger side arm will not budge an inch. What can I do to correct this. Should I attempt to remove the arm? or is it something thats behind the motor underneath the arm that has seized. I am not the most mechanical person but have no choice as I am broke! Thanks for any help anybody can provide!!!

Last edited by insurancegod; October 13th, 2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old February 26th, 2012, 1:02 AM
CF Beginner

hi , if its not the motor or the transmission part of it , then i think it just needs to be lubricated , just get a wd-40 for example and try to spray around the motor and connecting joints to the arms and i hope that will fix , good luck
Old April 13th, 2012, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

My wipers recently seized up as well. I looked into it on the web some and figured out how it all worked...the thing on top of the motor is the cam and it tends to get all cruddy and seize after time and weather have their way with it. If the motor is working, then it's probably the same problem I had. The way I fixed
mine was to remove this cam, soak it in penetrating oil (I love liquid wrench), and I beat the crap out of it with a hammer until it was totally freed. I let it soak for a long time and tried to clean it up... I was able to save it. Good luck!