Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Roof Rack - are there special mounting places or do I just use self tapping screws?

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2016, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Roof Rack - are there special mounting places or do I just use self tapping screws?

Considering buying a 2003 Venture which does not have a roof rack. I have a 1999 Montana that does have one. I would like to remove the roof rack from the Montana and install it on the 2003 Venture. Is there some special hardware under the sheet metal on the Venture where I need to screw in the screws which are currently holding the rack on the Montana?
I have often used the roof rack on the Montana and would like to install it on the Venture but do not want to create water leaks or have the rack fly off at highway speeds.

What do I have to do to install it securely?
Old February 5th, 2016, 9:11 PM
CF Active Member

Because I don't actually know...a few googles searches...looks like they used riv-nuts and you will need sealant. The best way to verify is to remove one of the rails off of your Montana, or you could visit a junkyard and rip one off of their vehicles.
Old February 6th, 2016, 4:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Hello !
So attach roof rails

Old February 10th, 2016, 5:36 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi !