Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Service info

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2016, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service info

Need service info for wifeys 02 Venture WB(we inherited it from my mother who bought it new when my oldest was born). I have an O2 sensor code, and now the AWD disable light and ABS light are both on simultaneously, though they sometimes go out. It on only has 69xxxmi on it. Would like to keep it running for a bit longer, as we won't get enough on trade to justify a used effie, and the Venture will handle my current towing needs.

The power sliding doors are also flaking out.
Old July 19th, 2016, 8:39 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O2 sensor codes usually mean you have a bad sensor or a bad cat, but at just 69K miles...

I don't really know anything about the AWD system on these things, but the ABS light usually is a sign of a bad wheel speed sensor. You will need a scanner that reads ABS codes to figure out how to fix that problem.

And the power sliding doors, you need to be more specific than "flaking out".

Welcome to the forum!
Old July 19th, 2016, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

The doors don't always close, they might reopen when attempting to close. They sometimes don't respond to the remote when trying go open.

AWD disable is sometimes on without abs light. Are the wheel speed sensors expensive?

I assume you mean I need a code reader that will read manufacturer specific codes? I have one that does emissions but have not bought the software for the manufacturer specific codes, because it is $100.00 per manufacturer...
Old July 20th, 2016, 11:22 PM
CF Active Member

One of my daughters is always stepping on the rubber strip on the overhang from the floor of the van knocking it off and that stops the door from closing. First thing to do there is take a really good look for any obstructions, if there are none and you want to keep using it as a power door you may have to rip it apart to find out what's going on. As for the remote part not working, I've randomly had that problem with mine since I bought it 7 years ago - hasn't gotten better or worse.

Wheel speed sensors are unfortunately built into the wheel bearings so you have to replace the whole thing. At about $100 each you'll need to know which one if that is your problem, like I said I don't know about the AWD system so maybe it isn't a wheel speed sensor.

So you have some kind of computer hook up for your OBD-II port with expensive software? I have an Autel AL619 which I've used to read engine codes off my '99 BMW, engine & SRS codes off my '01 BMW, engine, ABS & SRS codes off my mothers '09 Impala, engine codes off my '00 Impala and it told me the right front wheel speed sensor is bad on my '05 Venture. IIRC it was about $120.
Old July 21st, 2016, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

I bought a scan tool from scantool.net, $99.00 for tool and free emissions software. Can't remember pricing for the next level software to read manufacturer specific codes, then it's another $99.00 per manufacturer for software specific to each one for abs type crap.

Are saying yours will do all manufacturer specific codes, and parametric data for all obd2 vehicles to current? I can at least do emissions stuff to current model year iirc.
Old July 21st, 2016, 8:30 PM
CF Active Member

This is the one I got. And I remembered another one...O2 errors on my dad's '97 S10 Blazer. The only thing I haven't read with it is transmission codes (or AWD) but I need a vehicle with that problem before I can see if it works.