Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Several issues on my venture...help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2012, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several issues on my venture...help!!!!

I am new to this forum, have tried reading thru other posts, but am still tryin to figure these things out : I have a 2000 venture, awhile ago my passenger side window switch quit working,but i still could put window up/down by the driver's side switch. then the drivers side switch quit working the pass window, then it also quit working the drivers side window too, so i figured the switch needed replaced, I replaced the drivers side switch only ($50)and BOOM both sides work again, even the passenger side switch worked...only til i went to roll them up and they quit working again, also might I add the electric mirrors also quit working too, but when i put the new switch in the mirrors started to work, So now one minute they (windows & mirrors)work the next they dont. I'm thinking maybe it's an electrical problem or something. I have other issues also, MY REAR POWER VENT WINDOWS (overhead console)also quit working, my POWER LOCKS will lock from the inside, but not unlock from the inside on either drivers side or pass side, i have to use the keyless entry or the key on the outside to unlock them, my power sliding door will not unlock properly either by any of the switches, i have to manually unlock it, sometimes pushing the lock up and down a few times. I also keep getting the diagnostic code of P0446/P0449 which ever it is for the EVAP LEAK or whatever, does anyone know how to solve this or where to begin to look? another problem...my heater controls only work on 4,5 barely seems to b blowing though, dont know if it's my blower,resistor,controls,wiring..any suggestions?
OK LAST but not the least, transmission..when it gets warm out sometime it seems as if it doesnt want to shift into gear, whinning sounds,buckin and jerking, if i pull over and shut vehicle off for few minutes (like a reset to computer) start it again,wait for dash lights to do their thing & bell to quit ringing then take off it's fine, doesn't seem to do this when its cold out,and worse when it's warm or driven hard like all day ! Sorry this is so long but i wanted to try and cover everything,still not sure i got it all but most of it...ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME, ESPECIALLY IF IT SAVES ME SOME $....LOL
Old April 18th, 2012, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

After much searching on here, i decided to check some wiring out on the floor board passenger side, and as stated in many other forums...I found corroded wires, we fixed them & also checked on the drivers side floor board & found the same issue, after fixin all the wires, our back windows starting working again YAY!! The door locks & windows & mirrors worked also, but here's the problems...come to find out while the doors are open the window switches work fine, once u close the doors the windows quit working, so we searched the wires coming from the door (in the boot) all seem to b fine, with the door open,took a screwdriver & closed the latch to the door, windows don't work, pulled handle to release the latch and boom the windows work again...UGH !! Also with van off & both doors shut the passenger & driver side door lock works both ways(locks/unlocks) with van on & doors shut passg side locks work,but drivers side don't work...with passg door open-lock ok,but drivers dont work. both driver & passg doors both open, both locks unlock but wont lock...ALSO upon all this mystery searching we found that when door ajar light is on windows work, upon opening every door singly door ajar light comes on in instrument panel except when driver door is open the door ajar light doesn't come on...ALL this seems a mystery to us and not right...Is the door latch what tells the door ajar light to come on? If so, could my latch on drivers side b malfunctioning enough to make all this not work? is there a ground in the door somewhere behind the panels? Lastly Will the alternator ground screw b making all this stuff go haywire? My lights do flicker...OMG this is giving me a headache !!!
Old May 18th, 2012, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

go to the wreckers and find a set of other control panels for the windows and doors , they just unplug and you are back in business that had happened to me and changed them and now work fine. as for the door light coming on there should be 3 pines on each sliding door while at the wreckers pick them up 2 . as for the driver and passenger door only only one pin a side.

Last edited by mark121268; May 18th, 2012 at 3:11 PM.