Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Speed sensor

Old February 8th, 2014, 3:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed sensor

Hello
I got a Chevy Transsport (venture) 2004 AWD. The fault code C1 233, Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open or Shorted shows on my instrument. I have replaced the front wheel bearings which includes the ABS sensors. But the trouble code is still active. I have deleted the trouble codes, but it won't escape.
Does anyone know what else can be wrong?
Old February 8th, 2014, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Update on the problem

I have now measured so that I know that it is something wrong with the cables between the wheel sensor and the ABS unit. How can this cable be replaced, since it is connected to a multicable contact in the ABS unit?
Old February 8th, 2014, 8:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Look at the wire for obvious damage, hopefully it's in plain sight. Splice in some wire, or cut out a small section. If it's not obvious, you need to to get a continuity tester out, and stat narrowing down the problem are. You may have gotten a bad wheel bearing as well.
Old February 9th, 2014, 3:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi!
Two areas of wire or rub through were reported and verified . Both are near the left front corner of the engine compartment . If the wheel speed sensor wiring wheels tight where they pass under the front of the transmission side cover, chaffing can occur as the transmission moves on its mounting . This can be best seen from under the vehicle or from within the left front wheel . At the air conditioner dryer canister harness ABS splits . If this split is tight against the dryer canister bracket , unprotected wires can chafe as the powertrain moves on its mount . This can be easily seen from the top of the engine compartment

You can try to disconnect the battery for about 30 seconds to reset the error code ABS. Code may be stored in a computer ABS, and lights to let you know there was a problem. If the LED is lit when the computer restarts, the problem you are likely in the wiring harness from the ABS sensor

Last edited by sergeimoskva; February 9th, 2014 at 3:24 PM.
Old February 9th, 2014, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Problem solved

Thanks for the replies!
Both cables were broken/cut off about 15cm (6 inches) from the wheel bearing. I just connected the cables again with sealed connectors and now it works fine.