Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Turn key to start and nothing!!

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2014, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn key to start and nothing!!

I have a 2000 Venture which I just purchased. The problem is that when I turn the key to the on position the monitor on the dash flashes "battery" and "security". When I turn the key to the start position nothing happens except for there are two relays on the passenger side under the dash which click. When the key is put into the ignition the red blinking LED on the dash stops blinking.

I have done the following troubleshooting:
1. Replaced all relays with known good ones
2. Checked all fuses and found only one that was bad. It was the "AIR" fuse in the engine compartment box. Replaced and immediately blew.
3. Bypassed the fuel pump relay and fuel pump works with good fuel pressure.
4. Crossed contacts on starter and starter cranked the engine over great.

Please help!! I really do not know what to look for next.

Andy

Last edited by blaisa; August 6th, 2014 at 9:22 AM.
Old August 7th, 2014, 11:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi !
Check the wire (in blue dotted line) coming from the battery to the grounding screw (bolt is marked by a circle)
Unscrew the bolt ... grounding ...
Remove and clean the terminals from oxidation
Clear the ... bolt from rust
Old August 7th, 2014, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

Good connection. I did find another problem though when I began to just give up and just started pulling the drivetrain assembly, which is what I bought the van for. Under the air cleaner box there is a round plug connection with multiple wires and all the wires on one side (towards the inside of the van) were chewed through by mice. At first I thought, "ok! I'll just splice the wires together", but that is impossible. I say this because there are 3 purple wires, 3 green wires and 2 white wires that are exactly the same as the others.

I guess I am stuck removing the engine from this van and installing it into my Mother-in-Laws van hoping and praying that it runs good. Sure going to suck if it doesn't.
Old September 10th, 2014, 4:41 PM
CF Junior Member

hello,
Against the mouse, you have to buy a cat and not him tenure because he no longer would only sleep and eat!

seriously
son among the cut, you have to find the power supply of the PCM and starter control that pass precisely at this point. find them by going to the PCM and the starter relay.
son the one hand must be almost all of the 12 volts from the fuse, locating on the fuses. focus more all time hot and the other on hot with the key

See the impedance on each open thread that is not a battery (measured relative to the ground) and put a very momentarily to try (key on krancking +) you should find the starter wire (I do not know if it goes through the PCM)

Tonight, I do not have schematics.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default 96 Chevy tahoe

I turn the key to the on position light dash come on and that's all need help