Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

unknown red wire next to positive batt terminal

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2013, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unknown red wire next to positive batt terminal

Hi all, first post here.....

I just aquired a 2003 Chevy Venture- The previous Owner Installed New Batt , and it is a sidepost , the car runs fine, but they left A Red Wire W/ Black Plastic Slide Tab Type Connector Dangling Next To Positive Terminal, it appears there should be a slide type post ring mounted under the battery terminal for this red wire to attach to, I am wondering...what Is The Wire For? SRS airbag maybe? just some additional info..my airbag light happens to be on constantly, btw. Thanks
Old October 19th, 2013, 9:32 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

See if you can find a Haynes or Chiltons manual with electrical schematics.
Old October 19th, 2013, 7:12 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I looked briefly through my factory manual and could not find anything in particular relating to it...
Its remotely possible it runs to the the fuel pump...(as an emergency back up) you could apply fused 12 volts to it with everything off and see if you hear anything run when voltage is applied.
I would suggest a 2 or 3 amp fuse....
You may want to check EBay for used factory manuals if you are indeed interested in manuals
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the info, I have a Chilton and was unable to find anything in the schematics, spent an hour or so combing the internet, then found nothing so I decided to post here, I wonder if its for axillary towing package or something. I found the airbag light problem... a connector under passenger seat was unplugged. One with the yellow connectors, and as soon as I saw it dangling under the seat, and saw that it was yellow connector, i knew right away i had that problem solved... plugged it in and voila, no more annoying constant srs light , I havent had a chance to look under anyone elses hood, but wondered if the red wire is connected tothe battery on anyone elses venture, or if they alll came with it just hanging out there,but not connected.
Old October 20th, 2013, 5:03 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Being for a tow package is a very possible....