Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > Venture
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed CarsVendors TSB & Recalls
Search
Welcome to Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default Venture blowing cool heat

I have an 03 chevy venture that is blowing cool heat out of the vents. The heat coming out is warm at best and with a 45 temp outside, the inside of my van will not get comfortably warm. My wife is not happy.

within the last year I have put in a new thermostat, a new radiator and a new front heater core and had the system flushed. I get a lot of air out of the vents it's just not very warm.

Could it be somthing like a temp sensor or the hot/cold selector door is not closing all the way when I put it on the heat setting.
Pleas help.

Thanks
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

There are known issues with the damper servos. These are located in various places on the heater box, in the dash area and control the air flow, temperature, and recirculate dampers. Typically difficult to get at. A Haynes manual may help. Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:12 PM
CF Beginner

rssteffens
Send a message via MSN to fast68chevy Send a message via Yahoo to fast68chevy Send a message via Skype™ to fast68chevy

blend door actuator
is is eletric and may not be working correctly any more
check it to se if it is traveling rotating fully both ways as the selector **** is moved

im replacing one on an 02 venture right now also fixing improper heater hose routings on it
Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

same thing happening to me. Try using the recirculate button and see if that helps.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

Rangoonboth,

I am sorry to hear of your heater problems in your Venture. The other posters have offers some great suggestions. You may also want to consider the blower motor resistor, not a diagnosis, just another suggestion. Have you had the chance to have the vehicle inspected? A certified technician may be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis. Please keep us posted.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old 01-17-2012, 12:14 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

I have a 2001 venture and the windows ICE up on the inside! help !!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem with the cold air. I replaced the tstat, flushed the rad and the rest of the system. Bled the air out...still no heat. Temp guage came up, just nothing inside. I found the heater core hoses and traced one back to a pump that's mounted on the coolant reservoir. I have no idea what that thing is, but I removed it, and tested it with jumper wires and a bettery. Worked fine. plugged it in, and it never worked....even after the van warmed up for a good length of time. I rewired it to the fuse box under the hood to the "ign1" 10/15A mini fuse. Have all kinds of heat now.
Does anyone know what this pump is and what it's for and what it's hooked up to(electrically) and why is it there?
thanks

Last edited by nsmisfit; 01-22-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: better clarification
Old 01-24-2012, 06:41 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmisfit View Post
I had the same problem with the cold air. I replaced the tstat, flushed the rad and the rest of the system. Bled the air out...still no heat. Temp guage came up, just nothing inside. I found the heater core hoses and traced one back to a pump that's mounted on the coolant reservoir. I have no idea what that thing is, but I removed it, and tested it with jumper wires and a bettery. Worked fine. plugged it in, and it never worked....even after the van warmed up for a good length of time. I rewired it to the fuse box under the hood to the "ign1" 10/15A mini fuse. Have all kinds of heat now.
Does anyone know what this pump is and what it's for and what it's hooked up to(electrically) and why is it there?
thanks
I'm NOT sure I I believe it is the pump to push the antifreeze to the back of the van. You must have rear temp control on your van. You might of had 1 of the hoses that goes back behind the engine and then runs underneath the van for rear temp control clogged. That's what mine does. Hope I'm right.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Had similar issue with cold air - turned out to be Head Gasket.

Here is my post: Front Heater Problem

Get your car checked at local radiator/service - they might do test for free, they did for me...

Few things you can also check:
does your coolant level drops sometimes?
if you take radiator cap off and start car does it pushes out air bubbles?
does temperature gauge goes from hot to cold very fast when engine is running?

In my case in the beginning I didn't have a heat and coolant level wasn't droping for first few months, but after one ride to local ski resort (additional load on engine...) it started to show all the BAD signs - coolant level dropped and engine overheated.

As I said - my suggestion - get you van checked for blown head gasket.

Good luck!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 PM

Tags
99, actuator, air, blowing, blows, chevy, cool, damper, front, heat, heater, hot, mini, van, venture