Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Venture questions, is it all ventures, or is mine ready for dynamite?

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2016, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venture questions, is it all ventures, or is mine ready for dynamite?

So, my 2000 venture LS is "special." I have had more problems than we have time to discuss.

One annoyance that I have had is that when I try to use the mist wiper setting, (I think it is suppose to wipe one time) it wipes usually 3, sometimes 2, but rarely 1 time. Also, when I try to use the delayed settings, it usually runs nonstop. Anyone else seen this problem or have a solution?

Another problem is the headlights constantly flicker. Any solutions?
Old January 16th, 2016, 3:46 PM
CF Active Member

It is 16 years old...

Wiper problems can really only be 4 things: switch, wiring, module or motor/transmission. Odds are either the switch (testable with a meter) or the module.

As for the headlights, loose connections, bad switch or a general voltage issue (battery/alternator).
Old April 8th, 2016, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Scrap it. They were cheap junk vans to begin with and now it is just old cheap junk. Check your brake lines. You will be scared.
Old April 9th, 2016, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

I had similar issue on my 2005 Venture a while back, but I'd caused the problem myself. I learned the hard way NOT to block wiper arm travel while they're working 'cause they'll draw way too much power & blow out a part in the intermittent wiper electronics module. This module is mounted on the wiper assembly near the motor. What I had done, accidentally, was not ensured that the wiper arm mechanism was fully in the parked position BEFORE I put the wiper arms on. Then when I turned on the wipers they weren't positioned properly & when they went to park they overloaded the circuit & blew a part. Luckily I had my 2000 Venture for parts & I was able to scavenge that module off it & now have fully functional wipers. This is how I know that a part blew in my Venture 'cause I was able to compare the modules side by side & you could see the blown (literally) part.