Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

'98 Water in passenger side floor board

Old July 19th, 2007, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '98 Water in passenger side floor board

We are having an issue with water leaking into the passenger side floor board from underneath the padding at the front of the floor board. Mechanic cleaned condensation line and it is clear. Still leaking. Now someone has mentioned some kind of box that houses air conditioning "stuff" that could be cracked. Can anyone tell me anything about this and how much it would be to fix it?
Old July 26th, 2007, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: '98 Water in passenger side floor board

Check the case & cover for the heater core. If they are cracked they will cause a leak into your vehicle. Not very expensive parts either about $20/ea.

Jen
Old September 6th, 2011, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default Water leak passenger side floor

I am having the same problem with my wife's 98 Malibu. Every time it rains we get a pond on the passenger's side floor. It is not coming in from the bottom because it pools even when the car is parked on the driveway. We believe it happens more when it is on the driveway because we have sloped driveways. I even added rubberized underbody coating to the wheel well and under the passenger side of the car. It is dripping from the cabin light (very small bulb) that is located just below the glove box. We did have the windshield replaced and took it back to the shop. They soaked the front of the car looking for a leak but couldn't replicate the problem. That is why we believe parking uphill is part of the problem. It did look like the foam seal under the plastic cover at the bottom of the windshield was a little compromised along the passenger side. When I pulled it up, you could see some water had collected in the fan compartment just behind the firewall. So at this point, I have placed HVAC tape (stronger than duct tape) over the small vent opening to see if that eliminates the problem. This is just step one in the process. When I have some more time to investigate, I am going to pull the entire plastic cover out and take a closer look at the areas behind the firewall. We have also noticed that when we get the heavy rains it activates the anti-theft system and the car won't start. Needless to say, I cannot wait to get rid of this POS.