Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Venture wiper problem

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2009, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Venture wiper problem

2000 Venture has only high speed on the front wipers. Is this switch problem or wiper motor issue. On the combination switch everything els like turn signals and cruise controls are working.

Has anyone else had this problem and knows if it is the wiper switch or the motor.

Thanks guys
Old June 16th, 2009, 2:42 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem on my 98 Venture !

I've found nothing as of yet.
Old June 16th, 2009, 3:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

GM had a lot of problems between 1998 and 2002 with the cold solders on the wiper boards.
If you change the wiper motor (and the attached circuit board) the problem will be solved.
My family owned a Suburban that did it, and my Blazer does it occasionally.
Old December 19th, 2009, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Only thing with these wiper motors is that they either work or they dont. I just had this exact problem today ..i ended up replacing the wiper switch 260 at autozone or 50 bucks at the bone yard or ebay ..what it did was i had no wipers except high mode takes bout an hour to do if u have all the tools lol ... or 2 beers hope this helps

update note : You do not have to remove the airbag as instructed in the book a simple allen wrench will fit in the one hex screw thats holding the switch in place .

t-25 will be needed for the two screws underneath and a socket torx will be needed when inside the console to remove the top cover

Last edited by tahoefever; January 7th, 2010 at 1:37 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:13 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sajee
2000 Venture has only high speed on the front wipers. Is this switch problem or wiper motor issue. On the combination switch everything els like turn signals and cruise controls are working.

Has anyone else had this problem and knows if it is the wiper switch or the motor.

Thanks guys
Hi! I know this thread is already old but I'm hoping someone here can help me as my front wipers are acting up on me. I've checked the wiring, no sign of ripped off. What do you think is the caused of my faulty wipers?
Old September 4th, 2011, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Have the same problem with my 1999 Venture -- wipers only work intermittently, and when they do, only on high speed setting. Does anyone have a link to the maintenance manual and possibly pictures of the offending part that I need to replace? Any assistance is appreciated!

_erin
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
CF Beginner

Here's a kicker for you guys. Our 2003 Venture wipers were so bad, the Chevy dealership took weeks to "try" and get them back to "normal". I really think it's a combination of both electrical and mechanical design defects. We replaced the switch, because position 3 dropped dead, and the wiper motor itself, had the arms readjusted and some other internal things changed and they still aren't "factory condition" and the dealer says it's the best he can do LOL!

Last edited by OnThePike; October 5th, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old September 16th, 2011, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

You've Venture has the "military" package. That's why the wipers come to attention and salute once every sweep!

That looks like the linkage to the motor was connected backwards - 180 degrees out.