Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Water leak in front 2002 venture lwb

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2009, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Water leak in front 2002 venture lwb

New to forum but long time 02 venture owner (but it new). Just started getting water leaking over parking brake on drivers side. Sat in car during rain storm and watched it drip. Nothing from roof (though overhead console does droop a little). While sitting during rain, I noticed it is also getting wet on passenger side by door. Couldn't find drip on passenger side.

I checked the air intake under wipers but didn't see anything that looked cracked. It leaks facing uphill/downhill or flat.

Any ideas? Thanks.

PS. Wife thinks it started after we ran over tire tread. But i don't see how rain would get in from anything under car.
Old August 30th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum! I am not familiar with your model but I am sure someone here will chime in soon and share thier knowledge to help you out.
Old February 12th, 2016, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcocor
the van is dripping from the sun visor or the head liner control(temp,dir etc)
thought it might be the roof rack so i pulled it off and re sealed it and it made no differnce I am hoping that somebody could point me in the right directon

thanks
Finally figured out where our leak was coming from after sealing the heck out of everything we thought the leak was coming from.. It was from 2 holes from the molding when you open your driver door and passenger door look right about where the windshield meets you'll see the holes that need sealer. We inserted a little piece of molding foam we had left over from a house project before sealing it.. Hope this solves your problem also.

Originally Posted by slowgo
New to forum but long time 02 venture owner (but it new). Just started getting water leaking over parking brake on drivers side. Sat in car during rain storm and watched it drip. Nothing from roof (though overhead console does droop a little). While sitting during rain, I noticed it is also getting wet on passenger side by door. Couldn't find drip on passenger side.

I checked the air intake under wipers but didn't see anything that looked cracked. It leaks facing uphill/downhill or flat.

Any ideas? Thanks.

PS. Wife thinks it started after we ran over tire tread. But i don't see how rain would get in from anything under car.