Volt Get plugged into Chevrolet's electric car! The batteries will take you most anywhere and the on-board generator can take you beyond!
Named the 2011 North American Car of the Year

Chevrolet Volt
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: ClipperCreek

My Chevy Volt - Turn Off Engine due to High Temperature

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2016, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Chevy Volt - Turn Off Engine due to High Temperature

WTH, it's barely 65 degrees out. All my liquids are full. Oil is new. Fan belts are good. Yet I'm driving along normally and the engine power starts to decrease and the Turn Off Engine due to High Temperature goes on. I pulled over and let the car cool off. I drove again reluctantly; it felt sluggish. Now I'm pulled aside and I'm cooling it off for a little more. Yeah and I'm ready for a new 2017 Volt---LMAO. Probably not going to happen now.

If if this 2012 car, driven like a baby can't make it past 100K miles then why would I consider another one? Btw I'm a professional blogger and social media guru. Not a good customer unless Chevy can help resolve this.

Old November 15th, 2016, 4:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK , just shooting in the dark , but a few guesses .

Has any work recently been done to the cooling system ? Coolant drained & re-filled ? Air may be trapped in the cooling system & it needs " burping " .

I am guessing the gasoline engine has an electric fan . Is the fan coming on ? Bad fan relay , bad fan motor or wiring ?

Anything blocking air flow to the radiator ( Walley World plastic sack ) ?

I am guessing the gasoline engine has a thermostat ? Is it stuck closed ?

How many miles on the vehicle ? Electric miles ? Gasoline miles ?

God bless
Wyr