Volt Get plugged into Chevrolet's electric car! The batteries will take you most anywhere and the on-board generator can take you beyond!
Named the 2011 North American Car of the Year

Chevrolet Volt
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: ClipperCreek

Rush Limbaugh and the Volt

Old February 4th, 2015, 12:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad there are over 1,000,000 electric vehicles on the road today, such as the volt, as obama predicted.

NOT!

Obama?s Prediction of a Million Electric Cars on Road By 2015 Off By 72% | CNS News
Old April 3rd, 2015, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a volt. There is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

I have a 57 mile roundtrip commute. 45 miles of that is on electric. Then it turns into a hybrid at around 42 mpg. My average MPG (compensating for the electricity I buy to charge it) is around 125 MPG.

It may not be for everybody, but there are a lot of people that it works out well for. There are some with over 200k miles and no major problems. They also report little to no loss of electric range. I bought mine used at 96,000 miles for a comparable price to any other similar sized car.

If you want to educate yourself rather than spew misinfo, go to the gm volt forum.

Anyway, not a very auspicious first post, I'm sure you are thinking. But I'm glad to be here! Mainly came for some ideas on my brand new Chevy Express van.

Last edited by chuckj; April 3rd, 2015 at 2:02 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 2:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 506 Likes on 466 Posts

In the truest form, it is not a hybrid; guess you could consider the volt a series hybrid. it is an extended range ev. the gas engine does not power the vehicle. Its always powered by the batteries.

the rush is an idiot part is not misinformation.

Last edited by tech2; April 3rd, 2015 at 2:51 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2

the rush is an idiot part is not misinformation.
Well, I wasn't addressing opinions.

But on that note, why does he continue to be the most listened to talk show? Millions of people must agree with him or they wouldn't listen to him.
Old April 5th, 2015, 8:00 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckj
I have a volt. There is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

I have a 57 mile roundtrip commute. 45 miles of that is on electric. Then it turns into a hybrid at around 42 mpg. My average MPG (compensating for the electricity I buy to charge it) is around 125 MPG.

It may not be for everybody, but there are a lot of people that it works out well for. There are some with over 200k miles and no major problems. They also report little to no loss of electric range. I bought mine used at 96,000 miles for a comparable price to any other similar sized car.

If you want to educate yourself rather than spew misinfo, go to the gm volt forum.

Anyway, not a very auspicious first post, I'm sure you are thinking. But I'm glad to be here! Mainly came for some ideas on my brand new Chevy Express van.

Welcome to the forum
I really liked the idea of the volt when it first came out , was disappointed that the design changed so radically from the concept , though a lot of that design ended up in the Cadillac ELR but is much more expensive for basically the same vehicle with a different skin...