West CA, NV, UT, HI

Winter Chevrolet, Pittsburg, CA - Poor Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2014, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Winter Chevrolet, Pittsburg, CA - Poor Customer Service

I have never had any experience which provoked me to search out a forum to provide feedback... But today this changes.

A month ago, I made an appointment to bring my vehicle in on the 14th to fix a safety recall. When I arrived, I was told they didn't have my appointment scheduled and because of this the parts were not there and they would have to be ordered. At this time I also mentioned an issue which was causing my check engine light to be illuminated and even gave the representative the code which was read for me at a different dealership. (Mind you I had left a message previously with Winter to have it read. No one returned my call so I took the car to another dealership). He told me he would look into it and give me a call when the parts were ready for the recall.

Three days later I receive a call to re-schedule my already scheduled service... I would be able to bring it in 2 weeks later. 2 weeks. For an appointment.

A month after originally calling I drop the car off and am told it will be about 4 hours. I was given the option to have a shuttle drop me off at my address and pick me up when the services were over. Figuring this was easier than getting a rental and dealing with the hassle for them and I, I agree to.

I will say the services only took 4 hours as stated. (But that's considering they were unable to come to a solid conclusion as to what the engine light issue was, even after being given the code.) I get a call back from the services department saying it is ready and they ask if I would like the shuttle to come pick me up. Yes.

An hour and a half later I get a call from the service department, the shuttle driver is still on his way but has a few pick-ups before me. Ok. An hour later, the shuttle is still not here. I call Winter to see where the driver is. He's on his way, but still has a few more pick-ups before me... (All of this was more than 30 minutes ago, I have had time to get water, sit down, pull out my laptop and write this.)

This is absolutely unacceptable.