Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

94 tbi Fuel issue ran fine before

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2020, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 tbi Fuel issue ran fine before

Got a 94 tbi k1500 4x4, I got the motor in and it ran fine woke up the next day to cut and install a plate in the side of the motor that had a oil passage in it installed that and the dipstick first the transmission and also plugged in this sensor which I came to believe is a oil pressure switch or something like that. I only did those 3 things and tried to turn on the truck on and the fuel pump wouldn’t turn on so I changed the fuel filter and pump again I had already changed the pump the day before and still the truck wouldn’t turn on, I tried a new fuel relay, checked the fuse next to the fuel pump relay which were all good. Did the oil pressure switch change something when I reconnected it I didn’t have it connected before and the truck turned on fine idled fine and all I connected that and the fuel pump isn’t turning on now ? I even disconnected it but still the truck won’t get fuel. I also checked the ecm fuse the truck has and that’s also good. Is there something I’m missing here or any other things I should look at ? Any advice is helpful and I thank and you ahead of time for future responses as I am not so good at responding fast.
Also the truck doesn’t have a oil pressure sensor connected to it yet I’m going to do that soon but I jumped the sensor connector as shown in a video and that didn’t do nothing either so I took out the jump and let it be since the truck turned on fine before. I tooo pictures of the wiring for the relay and fuse for the fuel pump atleast that’s what I think they are and a picture of the oil pressure switch and also a picture of the metal plate that I cut and installed to stop oil from coming out of the side of the motor. One more thing I took out the box that has a speaker that activated when you put the key in the ignition and or open the door to the truck with the key in or forward im hoping that the box doesn’t affect anything I will take a picture of that just to make sure I’m not doing nothing wrong here