Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Crew Cab Glass Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2020, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crew Cab Glass Compatibility

Hey guys. I've got a 1994 Crew Cab. Some A$$hole broke into it, smashed out the passenger side rear door window. I'm having a really hard time finding a new window. Crew cabs at the junk yards are pretty rare. My question is, are the suburban's back door windows the same as the crew cab's? I'm been told yes and no, thought I'd talk to the experts. Suburbans are a dime a dozen. Only other issue is my truck doesn't have tinted windows. So if the suburban did work, I'd probably replace both rear windows with factory tint and then tint the rear slider.

Worst part was the truck was completely empty with nothing to steal.
Old August 4th, 2020, 7:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry to hear your truck was broken into, at least they had the "decency" to go for the passenger rear door instead of the drivers door. I have never had to do work on a crew cab or a suburban, but if you wanted my 2 cents, I would not be surprised of suburban glass was the same a crew cab glass. The way I like to look at is, if you where GM, would you want to design 3 different rear doors for the C/K series? Because you have 3 different 4 door trucks, you have the crew cab pickup, you have the Tahoe, then the suburban. If you can find a suburban in a junk yard, what I would do is measure the size of your door on your truck, and the glass, and take a trip to the yard, and do the same measurements on that door. If they are the same or really really close, I would assume that you are golden. I can't tell you for sure but that is what I would do if I where searching for used glass. Also, have looked online for used or new glass? I might also recommend, if you can't find what you are looking for at a yard, a last ditch effort could be to look for a truck someone is parting out. Hopefully that helps.