Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

VA Lift Laws

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2010, 11:03 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just in case anybody needed this info(lift laws per state)..........red

http://www.roughcountry.com/lift_laws.html
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:30 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those arent very detail especially the one for va. I posted a more detailed one for va in this post.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM
CF Junior Member

§ 46.2-1064. Modification of front-end suspension by use of lift blocks.
No motor vehicle whose front-end suspension has been modified by the use of lift blocks shall be driven on any highway in the Commonwealth.
(1985, c. 11, § 46.1-282.2; 1989, c. 727.)
This goes with post #2
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:21 PM
CF Senior Member

who in there right mind would even consider putting lift blocks on a front axle....that would really only apply to whatever has a solid front axle though..

and yes that link isn't very clear on some states,
Old January 5th, 2010, 2:19 PM
Super Moderator

damn VA must be strict..im from ohio...my buddy has a 77 ford with 15" of lift and has 44s..never gotten pulled over and i belive the bumper limit here is around 25-30"...and his is 35-40 i cant remember exactly..ill post a pic..only pic i got of it is when his tire poped off the bead..so here it is!

Last edited by gotstylez; January 5th, 2010 at 2:22 PM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 3:25 PM
CF Senior Member

im not the biggest ford fan but im gonna say that is one bad a** pickup
Old January 5th, 2010, 3:33 PM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Originally Posted by myotherchevyisablazer
who in there right mind would even consider putting lift blocks on a front axle....that would really only apply to whatever has a solid front axle though..

and yes that link isn't very clear on some states,
I have 3" blocks on the front of my K5 Red, but then again I don't drive it on the road nd I have never been accused of being in my right mind.
Old January 5th, 2010, 3:51 PM
CF Senior Member

oops.........im far from being in my right mind but i thought that was normal george.....you probably dont feel any difference when hauling a** through the holes of mud do ya?

red
Old January 6th, 2010, 7:57 PM
CF Active Member

Default abnormal vs normal and who's ta say

i dont know about you two hooligans but the only differance i ever felt hauling *** thru the mud was doing it upside down! an hell that was more excitment and a yahoo, rolling around with jeep and landcruiser axles and parts fliying and the inconvinance in havin to dig mud out of my ears for a week or two was just that an inconvinance! Sad day that day though had to send what was left of my jeep and my buddies land cruiser off to a better place LOL poor thing i broke its back and had to put a round in its tattered radiator other than that no diff ! would that come under the category of abnornal and not of a right mind ? i would have to challenge that and those that think so, for obviously they have not lived ! an Old saying that well LOL Old bikers say when asked what there epetagh should include is " i have no desire or intent to leave this life in a well perserved, fit and healthy body, on the contrary, i fully intend to leave it in a broken, worn out, used up shell of what once was but now is, having full knowlage that i have seen and done all that life had to offer,and sliding at 100mph into my grave hollering holy s... what a ride !!" short version ! let those who ride decide ! normal LOL not us fellas it just dont fit!! By the way nice rig it is one badss truck ! hey Red! highboys dont count in the feud little brother! both chevys and the fords were some badass trucks in those years ! 70 to 72 was there best work man !then they both went to hell in a handbasket till what around 75 or 76 till chevy got tough again ! Keep the dirty side down boys!! if what matters dont matter than what matters do!
HAMMERGONE!!

Last edited by tm4hammer; January 6th, 2010 at 8:15 PM.
Old January 6th, 2010, 8:31 PM
CF Active Member

Default ya but

Originally Posted by mudmaniac
I have 3" blocks on the front of my K5 Red, but then again I don't drive it on the road nd I have never been accused of being in my right mind.
ya but knowing you you old bead burner its probably 3 inches of 7018 hardfaceing or paddng Just gotta get that rod layed aint happy unless your on fire, breathing flux or popping slag with one blow LOL We may know you better than ya think mud
HAMMERGONE!

Quick Reply: VA Lift Laws