Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Replaced o2 sensor, now truck won't idle!

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2018, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced o2 sensor, now truck won't idle!

Hello all,

I have a 2004 silverado, extended cab 1500,5.3 liter. The engine light came on and I noticed the truck did not seem as powerful like perhaps it wasn't using all 8 cylinders but it ran smooth at least. The error code thrown was P0155 code which is o2 sensor, which is bank 2 sensor 1. I thought I just needed to replace the o2 sensor so I bought the sensor from O'Reilly and took the old one out and put this one in (https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...ado-1500?pos=0 ). I made sure to disconnect the battery before doing the work so after I was done I hooked the battery back up and started the truck. It sputtered like crazy and eventually died after 10 seconds. I tried again and held my foot on the pedal for about 10 minutes but it would die instantly after I let my foot off the gas. What on earth could be going on with this? I've searched the internet to see if anyone has had this happen but I can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated so I can actually get to work next Monday! Thank you all.