Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2500hd wont move

Old November 18th, 2018, 4:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2500hd wont move

Hey guys, looking for a little help with figuring my truck out. My brother in law was driving it and it lost all go no matter what gear its in, forward or reverse. You can hear the trans spinning and when you put it in park, you can hear the parking paw skip before falling in. It kind of sounds like theres a noise coming from between the trans and transfer case. The truck rolls while in park so I'm pretty sure that something broke between the trans and transfer case. Also shifting it into 4wd does nothing and the linkage is hooked up for the floor shift. First thing I looked at. It is a 6.0 gas truck as well. Obviously im going to have to pull the transfer case out, but curious if anyone else has had any experience with this issue and what it ended up being. Kinda trying to price parts

Thanks
Old November 18th, 2018, 8:55 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by teggy84
Hey guys, looking for a little help with figuring my truck out. My brother in law was driving it and it lost all go no matter what gear its in, forward or reverse. You can hear the trans spinning and when you put it in park, you can hear the parking paw skip before falling in. It kind of sounds like theres a noise coming from between the trans and transfer case. The truck rolls while in park so I'm pretty sure that something broke between the trans and transfer case. Also shifting it into 4wd does nothing and the linkage is hooked up for the floor shift. First thing I looked at. It is a 6.0 gas truck as well. Obviously im going to have to pull the transfer case out, but curious if anyone else has had any experience with this issue and what it ended up being. Kinda trying to price parts

Thanks
Well your sprag gear is gone, that's a certainty at the least. You could buy a good used tranny at Transmissions,Used Transmissions,Rebuilt,Remanufactured,Transmission For Sale

Search this Thread