Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   1999 - 2006 (GMT800) (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/1999-2006-gmt800-108/)
-   -   Possibly a bad BCM (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/1999-2006-gmt800-108/possibly-bad-bcm-94169/)

LOUIS LOPEZ February 8th, 2019 12:47 PM

Possibly a bad BCM

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 4 wheel drive LT model with dome light, rear backup light and cruise control issues. If anybody can shed some light on the subject I would really appreciate it!!!!

tech2 February 9th, 2019 2:51 AM

describe the issue
bcm controls lighting but not operation of the cruise control

LOUIS LOPEZ February 10th, 2019 6:32 AM

Originally Posted by tech2 (Post 370420)
describe the issue
bcm controls lighting but not operation of the cruise control

no backup lights (backup light on trailer harness work) no dome lights and no daytime running lights.

hicksvilleshick February 10th, 2019 10:22 AM

Have you checked fuses?

tech2 February 10th, 2019 11:22 AM

cruise control--drive by wire throttle body or throttle cable?
dome lights-did you turn the dome override button off?

-check the reverse bulbs...are they burned out...is voltage and grd present to the bulb socket with the truck in reverse?

LOUIS LOPEZ February 11th, 2019 12:15 PM

Okay sorry for the short response it has been busy the last couple days. So here's a rundown of what I done. Yes I checked the fuses I think five times now thinking I might have missed one. I have changed the park neutral safety switch. It was time to service my transmission so I went ahead and bought a new one just in case. I purchase a new dome light assembly. I'm pretty good with cars and this is the first time I'm stumped on a problem I'm having. The reason I'm saying this is because the dome light assembly is pretty basic. The reason I purchased another one is because when changing the bulb out about a month ago the plastic was brittle and the two connections ended up grounding each other out. To the point where they would not come apart and within 3 seconds started to catch fire. At that point I grabbed the whole Dome assembly and ripped it out leaving a melted wire harness. So I thought that would have blown fuse. Later on finding out through Haynes owner manual for my truck that the dome light and backup light and park neutral safety switch are all on the same circuit. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But that's how I saw it in the book. Now how the daytime running lights and cruise control come into play I am not sure. Also I have changed out the lighting control to the left of the steering wheel. The one that dims the console lights and has the override button which I've checked it is in the on position. So this is how I'm coming to the conclusion that possibly might be the BCM. Oh how I'm hoping it's not the DCM I really do not feel like taking my truck down to a dealership to get a new one programs. Let alone spending over a hundred possibly $200 for either a new or used one. There you go I think that is everything. Oh I have checked voltage there is not any sign of voltage at the dome light or backup light socket. I have tested it with a circuit tester and a volt ohm meter. Now with the volt ohm meter I only check for DC voltage.