Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Truck bounces like crazy when braking.

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2018, 1:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck bounces like crazy when braking.

I have a 2007 chevy silverado classic. Awhile ago it started to bounce like crazy when I brake. When I am going fast (above like 35) my rear end just bounces up and down. As I get slower and too a stop the bouncing goes away and then it jerks like warped rotors all the way to a stop. I have replaced all shocks. took it in and had the rotors and drums redone. Seemed fine for about a week and then started to go bad again. Took it back in and they replaced the rotors with new ones and I think new pads as well. Resurfaced the drums again. Was good again for just a little bit and now its bad again. Don't know where to go from here. And don't have the money to do a disc conversion which would probably fix things. Wondering if there is something im missing that could be causing them to get warped so quick. Shop said all the brakes and things seem to be working fine.
Old December 5th, 2018, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked to see if your rear brake shoes are not stuck when brakes are released? If the brake cylinders are not releasing all the way it could be dragging the shoes on the drum causing them to heat up and warp. Brake parts are cheap and would start with that first.