Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Cabin air filter in a 2013

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2016, 12:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin air filter in a 2013

Across numerous forums online I determined my 2013 Silverado 1500crew cab Texas edition isn't equipped with a cabin air filter but the dealer insists it is and tells me the filter is $40 to order. Some local auto parts stores say it doesn't exist and some say yes I can order one for you. I removed the kick panel and didn't see anywhere it could be and I've also dropped the glove box and saw no possible location for it. My guess is it doesn't exist but the dealer and some auto parts stores say it does. Does anyone know for sure wether it does or doesn't not have a cabin air filter?
Old July 31st, 2016, 1:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

it should be behind the glove box. I have seen some dealer kits come with the filter and door. look for a imprint in the hvac box....it may have to be cut out and then the filter and door installed.
Old April 28th, 2017, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
it should be behind the glove box. I have seen some dealer kits come with the filter and door. look for a imprint in the hvac box....it may have to be cut out and then the filter and door installed.
My 2009 had the cutout imprint, I ordered a kit from Amazon that came with the filter and cover, I had to remove the panel under the dash to access, not a hard job to do. My evap coil was covered in dirt and to vacuum it out before putting the filter