Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Door chime with no key in the ignition

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2019, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door chime with no key in the ignition

Hello everyone I am new to the Chevy forum. I have a 2008 silverado that just started to have a couple of problems. The door chimes rings without the key being in the ignition and it will not lock using the interior door lock button. The remote (factory installed) no longer works.(update as i was writing this post) I just went out to check on another issue and opened the door and the chime was going off so I pounded on the ignition cylinder and the chime stop and the remote start now works. Not sure if it is the cylinder or the ignition switch or even the anti theft? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2008 Silverado LTZ
4x4
Automatic
5.3L V8
Old January 15th, 2019, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

On my '08 I've discovered the key will come out in the run position, the off position and the lock setting. It will also come out slightly before lock and chime with the door open. Closed it continues to chime as if I left the key in the on position. Just make sure you're completely locked. Your pounding probably moved it a little bit.
Old January 20th, 2019, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

Default Door chime with no key in the ignition

Originally Posted by Benedlr
On my '08 I've discovered the key will come out in the run position, the off position and the lock setting. It will also come out slightly before lock and chime with the door open. Closed it continues to chime as if I left the key in the on position. Just make sure you're completely locked. Your pounding probably moved it a little bit.
Ok thanks i will keep an eye that. It has been fine since my post.
Old March 5th, 2020, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Same problem I'm having on my chevy 06 hhr I pull up at home.take key put of ignition open driver door and chimes starts then I close door and it stops but when I come out in morning battery is dead I have put new alternator starter and battery in bout a yr in half ago but I cant figured out what's is making it chime I have seen many people say it was there ignition switch so I went and got one from auto advance and had it put in and the guy said it still chimes he told me maybe its was a bad ignition looks like it had been used before and do I want old one back in so I told him put old one back in i will take new one back to store but now i wonder if it's the ignition switch period but in have seen atlease 10 Chevy owners said this was the issue to there problem i need sum help