Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Crank but no start

Old March 10th, 2018, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank but no start

08 Chevy Silverado 2wd WT, 4.3 auto
I bought truck from a guy and it did not have a transmission in it. I bought a used trans and installed it. I put the starter and everything back on and started the truck. I drove it down the drive and it would barely run. I hooked up my scanner (Snap-On Solus Ultra) and it will not communicate. It powers up but just won't connect. If i could fix that I might could fix my own problem here. Anyway, It would idle just fine but when you give it throttle it would pop back through the intake. Alot. I limped it back into the shop and went to searching for bad electrical problems. I found a couple wires pinched into, on the harness in the back by ICM. Patched those wires and it didn't make any difference. I came back the next day and it started and I shut it off. Tried to start it again to see if it was fixed and it wouldn't start up (Crank but no start). The gas hand was on empty so I put 5 gals of gas in it. Still would not start up. I got to checking and realized I had no spark out of the coil. After more diagnosis I realized I was not getting power to the coil. I checked fuses and I am not getting power to fuse #5 which is the ECM/throt cont. I traced every wire on the harness and can't figure it out. I have been working on it for 3 days no stop. Please help

Search this Thread