Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Engine power reduced, service stabilitrack

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2017, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine power reduced, service stabilitrack

2 months ago I have had the issue of service stabilitrack followed by engine power reduced. My truck gives my a fault code of MAF sensor fail. I've replaced the TP sensor maf sensor a new stock intake and recently and new ecm with the same associated faults. along with upgrades or re work to my ecm before the mechanic told me to replace it as well. The technician says he can't find any faults or issues in the wiring or with the truck but the issue is still there.
Old November 4th, 2017, 11:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 Chevy silvardo

I have service stabilitrack and engine power reduced fail on my 2009 Chevy silvardo I recently replaced my hoses for my air intake my fuel tank pressure switch my tech said to replace with the same resulting issue I have had my truck in and out of the shop for 4 no the now and no fix and it's been at least 6 times with the gm master mechanic scratching his head on this issue after I have replaced the maf sensor the throttle body position sensor my air filter and housing the house, my ecm ecm re program and now my fuel tank oil pressure sensor. I haven't had any luck with the chevy tech and the gm tech has no idea at this point. I need help or new ideas?
Old November 4th, 2017, 11:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default Engine power reduced service stabilitrack

I have p0641 as the initial code followed by p0107 po106 then p0335 and p0606 all posting when I plugged in the obd to see what was going on
Old November 23rd, 2017, 10:16 AM
CF Beginner

I have a similar issue, first I saw engine light came on. Checked the codes P069E, P0641, P06A6. Then a few starts later, am getting service stabilitrak and traction control off. But doesn’t say reduced engine power. For a little bit there I was getting service tire monitor system, but that was kind of intermittent and seemed to have gone away. ABS light also came on at the same time as service stabilitrak and service traction control..

P069E - fuel pump control module requested illumination, P0641 - sensor reference voltage “A” circuit/open, and I believe the P06A6 is just to do with PCM - Powertrain Control Module...

My 09 silverado is a 4.8, 2WD, have only put on a k&n cold air intake. I believe I had something replaced under the seat. That was a recall a few years back. Possibly FPCM? Is it under the seat. Just regular cab, no back seat. I read the FPCM could be under the spare tire?

I have had a few issues initially starting. Where it starts then dies but fires up the second time. Have turned the key to let it prime and then it seems to start up and run fine.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Have to get back and forth to work next few days but booked an appointment at dealership for Tuesday. Hoping I can figure it out and cancel it. 105 an hour labor seems expensive. Would love to be able to fix it myself.

Anthony
Old April 4th, 2018, 5:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seems to be a common issues across all models

So I have spent the last few weeks searching for any recalls or extended warranties on this same exact problem which has started happening to my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500. I have only 69,000 miles on it and keep it serviced regularly. Last week while traveling at about 68 mph on the highway I was a victim of the what I now know is the dreaded REDUCED ENGINE POWER, SERVICE STABILTRACK, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL. My truck immediately dropped to under 30 mph on the highway and thankfully the guy following behind me was able to slow down in time before rear ending me! I immediately hit the internet to see what this could be and my god this is an issue that is so widespread across these vehicles it is absolutely horrible. Not only did I find hundreds of people reporting this issue, the "fix" seems to be even worse. People taking their vehicles to the dealership and being charged hundreds of dollars for them to take a stab at the issue with most people requiring multiple trips. At this point Chevy/GM is well aware of this issue and are doing as little as possible to fix it. I have registered my issue with the U.S. DOT National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (as have plenty of others) but I am hoping GM/Chevy step up to the plate on this one a do the right thing. I also came across a few people that are in the process of starting class action lawsuits for this issue.
The following users liked this post:
spray76 (March 10th, 2021)
Old February 12th, 2021, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let me know

Originally Posted by LJones23
So I have spent the last few weeks searching for any recalls or extended warranties on this same exact problem which has started happening to my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500. I have only 69,000 miles on it and keep it serviced regularly. Last week while traveling at about 68 mph on the highway I was a victim of the what I now know is the dreaded REDUCED ENGINE POWER, SERVICE STABILTRACK, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL. My truck immediately dropped to under 30 mph on the highway and thankfully the guy following behind me was able to slow down in time before rear ending me! I immediately hit the internet to see what this could be and my god this is an issue that is so widespread across these vehicles it is absolutely horrible. Not only did I find hundreds of people reporting this issue, the "fix" seems to be even worse. People taking their vehicles to the dealership and being charged hundreds of dollars for them to take a stab at the issue with most people requiring multiple trips. At this point Chevy/GM is well aware of this issue and are doing as little as possible to fix it. I have registered my issue with the U.S. DOT National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (as have plenty of others) but I am hoping GM/Chevy step up to the plate on this one a do the right thing. I also came across a few people that are in the process of starting class action lawsuits for this issue.
Let me know if this goes anywhere. I have been dealing with th his for months. Every hard bump, or when I drive more than 45 miles. Reduce power mode. Only 92000 miles on my 2008 Silverado. I am going crazy.
The following users liked this post:
spray76 (March 10th, 2021)
Old March 10th, 2021, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by LJones23
Can you please send me information about the class action lawsuit. I have found one that is out of Maryland but it is just for newer Malibus. Do you have a copy of your complaint to DOT? I was thinking of doing the same thing. This has been happening to my 2007 Suburban for the last 4 years. I have spent thousands of dollars trying to get it fixed and for the last 2 years my local dealership has been working on it (I've not been paying for it) and they just told me this week that they can't fix it and they won't work on it anymore. I am stuck with a paid for vehicle that is unsafe to drive due to the engine power reducing. I get the same messages you have in capital letters. My dad has just started getting the same errors on his 2008 Suburban except his engine power is not reducing. This is all over the forums and the internet. I would love to be a part of any class action that is going on.
Old May 4th, 2021, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

I found a solution to this issue on my 2009 Cobalt. See if this helps:
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cob...e2/#post464482

JP